• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I batch edit links in a PDF? Need to update the base URL for multiple links

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to update the base URL for multiple links. Instead of editing each individual Action for each link, how do I batch edit links?
The URLs are NOT part of the text in the body of the document, so a simple find/replace action will not work. Is there no tool to enable find/replace functionality for link actions?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

You need to go outside of Acrobat to do it (or to use a plugin).

I've developed this tool for exactly this purpose: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Batch Edit URL Links in PDF Files

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go outside of Acrobat to do it (or to use a plugin).

I've developed this tool for exactly this purpose: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Batch Edit URL Links in PDF Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be helpful if you read this article. (link removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone actually used one of the methods posted here? Are they legit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tool I offer is very much "legit", I can assure you. It has a free demo version, which you're welcome to download and test for yourself before purchasing the full version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Try67! I would just like to see if anyone else has used it, and what their thoughts are on the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. CJ-PasoRoblesCA it works the Try67´s standalone tool. However, I just tried the free trial. I would love to use the entire potential of this tool but it´s too expensive (75 USD). I hope we could find a tool more affordable.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

For further information on Editing PDFs in Acrobat, you may refer to the following help document.

- How to edit a PDF using Acrobat DC

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @all,

is there any way anyone is aware of to batch/mass edit multiple (or all) links in a PDF document, in order to change the link target zoom ratio, for example from a certain zoom percentage to "inherit zoom"?

Thanks heaps already for any ideas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. David_G_P I had seen this option in a plug-in that I used as a free trial. It is called Autobookmark and it is developed by Evermap. It has a 30 days free as a trial check out this link https://www.evermap.com/autobookmark.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a PDF where all the hyperlinks lost their color and underlining. They were still there but it's difficult to see them without laboriously moving your mouse over the text.

Just tried Autobookmark, and it works very well and is easy to use.

Unfortunately, a single license is $219 !

It has 30 day trial. Quick! process all your files Now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines