• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD not starting after update

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I received an update for the XD via the desktop app. The update process went well without errors, but since then XD is not starting. The program itself starts and remains white for a couple of seconds, and after that it shows the following message:

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If the problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help.

http://www.adobe.com/support

I uninstalled and reinstalled XD a couple of times and rebooted after every installation, but the problem still remains. Any suggestions on this? Thanks.

Screenshot (46).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Hi, everyone-

I have exciting news to share! We just released a fix for this issue for our Windows 10 users. Please go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on the gear, and select "Search for App Updates." You should be able to download the fix and use XD!

Thanks,

Elaine Chao

Product Manager

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that we're currently working to diagnose. 

Would you per chance happen to have a space in your Windows user name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean after C:\Users\? Yes, I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and I DO have a space in my Windows user name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since the January 31st update. Any fixes yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue, no space in my user name though.

All my XD documents loading up blank.

Not a cool day for this to happen! On mega tight deadline!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where I can find XD instalation file without this last update? I really need this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and also have a space in my Windows username.

Can we get XD added to Previous Versions on the CC downloader, so if there is a bug we can at least still use the old one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found this issue here which is exactly the same as mine (as it seems). It says that the reason for this issue is if you have multiple accounts on your computer, all the accounts must have the same XD version installed. I have only one account on my computer, which is the administrator, so I don't know if this is the real issue.

CoreyRLucier I also want to ask, what is the difference between the XD which I install from the desktop app and the XD that is available on Adobe Prerelease. I used to have the one from the pre-release site before XD became available on the desktop app, but since then I have removed it, cause I noticed that they were 2 different installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That issue is only where different versions are installed across different user accounts. I've tested the issue with spaces in your username by creating multiple additional user accounts and installing Adobe XD as a new installation - Worked fine on those without a space and crashed on those with a space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the solution for now is to remove the space from my account name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very difficult thing to do, it involves changing registry entries and can cause other issues in the system. If you need to do work in the meantime, I would create another user account and just run XD on that. Not a perfect scenario but at least you can still use XD somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I know how it goes, I was not planning to do that. So, just waiting for another update. Btw I tried the pre-release version (0.6.15) too and has the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with the update.  will someone let us know when there is an update to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, everyone-

We're currently investigating a fix and are working hard to get it out to you guys as soon as possible. Please do upvote this story on UserVoice if you're interested in getting an Email once we fix the issue and make it publicly available.

[Windows] XD does not launch for users with spaces in their home directory (G14490) – Adobe XD Feedb...

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just found that files do open, eventually, after roughly 3 minutes? I just left the screen white in the background and eventually the file loaded. It's not a file size issue, as its the same with brand new tiny XD files. Once they are open, they work fine, but saving them again takes some time.

Not sure if that helps anyone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I had the same problem. I try a lot of ways to solve it, but really what helped me in this situation is to create one more windows account without spaces (only email) and than install the XD app. You should know, to install the app on other account, you must uninstall it on the previous and it will work. I will be glad if my information helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that maybe works, but that's a temporary solution which is not accepted by me. I mean, I pay a monthly subscription for Adobe CC applications and services so I'm waiting for a more "official" solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gabrielpal​

Totally understand you here, and we're working hard to provide a solution. We're currently a free beta, but we are trying to provide the best experience for you. Please upvote the story in UserVoice to get an Email when we have a solution for you!

[Windows] XD does not launch for users with spaces in their home directory (G14490) – Adobe XD Feedb...

Thanks,

-Elaine

Product Manager

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! My adobe xd application won't open after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the exact same issue here.

Bummer too - because before the update I was having a blast using the app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone-

I have exciting news to share! We just released a fix for this issue for our Windows 10 users. Please go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on the gear, and select "Search for App Updates." You should be able to download the fix and use XD!

Thanks,

Elaine Chao

Product Manager

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool news if it works for those with spaces in their names - however, as predicted, it's made no impact for me.

I'm still having the same issue; The app launches with just a blank white screen. It eventually fully loads between 2 and 10 minutes later. Then I have to wait again for a file to load. Saving then takes an age too.

It was fiiiiiine before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Elaine Chao,

I just uninstall and reinstall the latest version of XD and I still can't open my files.

I have the exact same message asking to uninstall and reinstall the product.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, benoitb65187475-

There's another problem that some people might experience that has the same behavior. Could you be hitting upon this one?

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/kb/adobe-xd-prompts-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-the-product...

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines