Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cache folder - Help needs

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom 6.8 and have preformens problems

I have problems with the program is very slow.

I purchased an SSD disk only to get this problem resolved and assigned Lightroom 80GB (tested with less or more.)
Preformens is still bad, and it surprised me why the Cache folder is totally empty when the application is running.
Why lightroom not cache folder?

How do I fix the problem?

lightroom forum.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Your problem is you are using a CPU with m,ore than 4 cores. LR does not like CPUs with more than 4 cores. This has been well documented on the other Adobe forum site.

Lightroom: Slow performance on Xeon CPUs | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Although that thread is about the Xeon CPU it is also turn for the "i" series of CPUs.

There is nothing you can do until Adobe updates LR to function better on CPUs with more than 4 physical cores.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is you are using a CPU with m,ore than 4 cores. LR does not like CPUs with more than 4 cores. This has been well documented on the other Adobe forum site.

Lightroom: Slow performance on Xeon CPUs | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Although that thread is about the Xeon CPU it is also turn for the "i" series of CPUs.

There is nothing you can do until Adobe updates LR to function better on CPUs with more than 4 physical cores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what has the number of CPU cores to do with Lightroom does not use the folder as I have assigned to Cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with the program is very slow.

Please describe exactly what steps in Lightroom are slow. Be very specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import images and apply face recognition. When I sort the faces, slices of Lightroom. "Not responding", and it may take 2-3 minutes where my computer is locked

I have use the "Optimize Catalog" and "Build 1:1"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

steenmikkelsen2 wrote:

Preformens is still bad, and it surprised me why the Cache folder is totally empty when the application is running.
Why lightroom not cache folder?

The LR Camera Raw Cache is only used by the Develop module when editing raw image files (CR2, NEF, ORF, etc). Until you have edited raw image files in the Develop module the new Camera Raw Cache folder will remain empty.

Conversely the Library 1:1 Previews are only used in the Library module and have no affect on performance in the Develop module. It's Previews are built real-time and will take longer to render when reviewing images.

Asmentioned LR is known to have performance issues using AMD, i7 and Xeon processors with 6 or more cores. This is most likely the cause of your performance issues: Lightroom: Slow performance on Xeon CPUs | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines