Exit

imported pictures are not correct been displayed

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I still have a MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro (13 Zoll, 2016, Zwei Thunderbolt 3 Anschlüsse)

Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i5

RAM 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Graphic Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

OS Sierra 10.12.3

with

Lightroom 6.8

When I've import pictures they are not been shown correct in the lightroom modules Bibliothek and Develop. they are shown graphical ghastly or with lines .... Any idea how to fix this

THX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

This is a corrupted photo.

The corruption occurs because of a hardware malfunction somehwere. It could be the camera card, the card reader/USB cable, the hard disk or even computer memory. You need to try to import the photo from the camera card again using different hardware, and if possible import the photo to an entirely different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jörgb,

Please turn off the Graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences.

Open Lightroom > Go to Edit menu > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart

refer: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit THX I've changed the preferences and I checked your link but it does not help - any idea what can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you restarted the Lightroom, after un-checking the gpu from the preferences.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes for sure I did the restart

see attached capture - source file is from Canon EOS 70d RAW / CR2

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-31 um 21.11.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a corrupted photo.

The corruption occurs because of a hardware malfunction somehwere. It could be the camera card, the card reader/USB cable, the hard disk or even computer memory. You need to try to import the photo from the camera card again using different hardware, and if possible import the photo to an entirely different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks - unbelievable - I've deleted the pictures from LR and the Disk and I've reimported them with the same hardware and now it is working fine - THK for your help

Greetings

Jörg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hardware problems can be intermittent. Or maybe you had a bad sector on your hard disk used by the first import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it might be the GPU option in the performance section of the LR Preferences it might also be your Mac has a problem with the actual GPU chip in it. This is something a lot of MacBook Pros suffer from. Dating back to 2008 and onward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Just Shoot Me" I still have some MacBook Pro from 2016 so quite new any idea what can I do to manage my picture with the new MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.8

When I've import pictures they are not been shown correct in the lightroom modules Bibliothek and Develop. they are shown graphical ghastly or with lines .... Any idea how to fix this

Show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines