• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile and Image Storage on iPhone

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to find definitive information on how much space is being used on my iPhone when I synch a collection from my desktop computer to Lightroom Mobile on my iPhone.  From what I have read, it appears that files from the desktop are sent to my iPhone as Smart Previews which are 1.5 to 2 mb in size.  So if a synched collection on my desktop has 300 pictures, I should plan for approximately 600 mb to be used up on my phone?  Can someone please confirm my understanding is correct.  I appreciate any input!

Thanks!

Bruce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Bruce,

Smart Previews are synced to the Cloud and then to LR Mobile.

Photos uploaded through LR Mobile and LR Web will  sync back via the Cloud to LR Desktop as Full Resultion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selondon,

Thanks for the reply!  Glad my understanding of how this works is correct.  Am I accurate about the rough size of the Smart Previews?  My main concern is managing space used on my phone.

Thanks again!

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I have read Bruce, I think that's correct.

I'm not even sure that the Smart Previews always remain on your Phone unless they are cached.

I think sometlimes just thumbnails reside and the Smarts (or Originals, if you have those in the Cloud) are synced back to the device as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in storage/usage in the Settings app on the phone? It tells you how much space LR is taking up (also how big the actual app is).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't even thing to do that!!!  Thanks for reminding me of that option!  Based upon the info Data Usage, it appears that the Smart Previews are averaging about 1.1 MB per stored picture.  Which is actually less than the 1.5 to 2 MB that I was guessing.  Thanks for the assist!

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines