• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make my lightroom mobile sync go faster?

Participant ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went on vacation and took arounf 400 hundred raw photographs, and loaded them on my iPad Pro (pretty new), and added them to Lightroom Mobile.  Okay, wifi was somewhat erratic while I was travelling, but I have now been home almost three days, and there are more than 150 photographs remaining to be synced.  This is hardly the performance I expected!  Is there anything I can do to get adequate performance?  Do I need to turn off Auto Lock on the iPad? Anything else???  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Problem solved - or at least, identified.  It seems to have had no relation to the strength of my internet connection, which is pretty good.  Not only did I need to turn off Auto Lock, but I also had to leave the iPad open only to Lightroom.  Once did this, the sync actually finished in a matter of perhaps ten minutes.  It was foolish of me to think Lightroom could be an active background task on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that will be controlled by the speed of your internet connection with your service provider. Its most likely the weakest link in the process.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you have to turn off Auto Lock and avoid any othe heavy internet use I'd suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved - or at least, identified.  It seems to have had no relation to the strength of my internet connection, which is pretty good.  Not only did I need to turn off Auto Lock, but I also had to leave the iPad open only to Lightroom.  Once did this, the sync actually finished in a matter of perhaps ten minutes.  It was foolish of me to think Lightroom could be an active background task on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines