• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Tiff. Files into a Quicktime Mov. sequence

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using After Effects how do I convert a set of Tiff. sequential images into a Quicktime MOV. format?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you are adding specific effects this will work faster in Premiere Pro.   Just make sure that you interpret correct frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Rick. I have tried it on Adobe CC, matched the frame rate and it seems to be exporting the tiffs at an incredibly slow rate, I am not sure how to proceed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your export settings? For a Quicktime container - "Animation" will probably give you the fastest render time. Note that this is not a playback format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render time for an image sequence depends entirely on the size of the sequence in the format you're choosing.  I have seen many people take 50 megapixel raw image sequences from a DSLR and try to render H.264 MP4 files at 1080 resolution and that will take a very long time.

Without specific project and system details there is no way to know if your render times are excessive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the source of the issue, the baseline FPS is set at the increment '1PS'. I've found if I right click I can select 'modify' to change the setting to 25FPS which I originally shot. However as I dragged the large Tiff. file onto the timeline it won't allow me to modify it to alter the indeterminate FPS. So at the moment when I export the Tiff file it is 25 times slower than what I want. Thank you for the responses guys its really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your composition settings in AE or your sequence settings in Premiere. (I'm not sure which one you're using at this point.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BenR,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Did you ever solve this issue? For the benefit of others, can you please let us know if you solved this issue or not? If so, how?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines