Exit

Lightroom cc troubleshooting after update

Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the latest cloud updates of PS and LR

I use Mac bookpro and Sierra ( which I upgraded after I downloaded the lasted PS and LR)

I am finding with LR that side panels go missing for no reason

Also when I attach my laptop to the Mac display screen I have trouble with the top bar (library, develop ect) go missing

Has there been a bug ?

please advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

It is a known issue although usually intermittent on some Mac OS computers. Adobe Engineers are working on a solution. You could follow the thread below for progress. A couple of work-arounds:

Press G to go back to the Library grid followed by D to get back to Develop.

Minimize your window and then click the LR dock icon to re-open.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a known issue although usually intermittent on some Mac OS computers. Adobe Engineers are working on a solution. You could follow the thread below for progress. A couple of work-arounds:

Press G to go back to the Library grid followed by D to get back to Develop.

Minimize your window and then click the LR dock icon to re-open.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent so much wasted time with LR, I have done the above suggestions all day and the issue is becoming unbearable

If this is unfixable within the next week, I will be looking for another program

What is the feeling out there about this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see the problem occasionally and it’s possibly a result of me updating the OS to Sierra, so I’m prepared to wait for the next LR update. It may be worth trashing the prefs.

After updating MacOS it is sometimes necessary to trash the prefs. Start by quitting Lightroom. Launch Finder and on the menu bar click “Go” whilst holding down the Optn(Alt) key and choose Library. Open the Preferences folder and trash the main plist file relating to LR6 (see image below)or both if you have the two.

Then re-launch Lightroom.

N.B. Apple hides the user Library until the Alt key is depressed.

plist.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was getting so frustrated with it yesterday

Sorry, not one for technical troubleshooting ....Is Lighroom6.plist the same as Lightroom cc??

If I do this, does it take Lightroom cc off my computer completely?

If so,  how do I go about relaunching if from the cloud

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also roll back Lightroom to version 6.7.

Lightroom roll back to prior update version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply, I am a little confused about the versions of LR

I have LR cc ...is 6.7 the prior version to LR cc??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so neither myself nor 99jon were complete and thorough in our explanations.

Lightroom 6.7 and Lightroom CC 2015.7 are the same software, with different licensing, hence the different name. Whatever we said about Lightroom 6.8 or 6.7 applies equally to Lightroom CC 2015.8 and Lightroom CC 2015.7.

If you have Lightroom CC 2015.7, then you want to roll back your Lightroom to Lightroom CC 2015.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, it does get confusing.... I will see how I go with all your suggestions

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no problem trashing the saved prefs.  Lightroom will rebuild them on next launch. You may wish to try that before rolling back.

If you decide to roll back you will first need to completely uninstall.

Then reinstall 6.0 followed by the 6.7 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for info, so far this morning all going well in LR ...but I have a fall back with all your info

I will see what happens today !

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still having lots of issues with Lightroom 2015.8 ...loosing side panels and now I have completely lost some of the import panel. There seems to be a problem whenever I deleted images.

When will the next update be?

What is the previous version, should I try to roll back ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines