• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gimp preset will not open in light room 5

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I down loaded Gimp 2 and set it up as a preference in the external editor in light room 5 but when I try to transport a photo to gimp the screen opens and wants to load the whole gimp program over again. Gimp is already loaded because it will open in the desktop location.

i have tried several times , even allowed it to re install gimp but still will not open from light room.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Just a thought-

Check you have the external editor preferences pointing exactly to the Gimp program file.

If you have selected an alias or shortcut or a pre-loader, then you may see the problem you are having.

This is often a problem for people with Photoshop Elements for which the preferences have to point directly to the Elements "Editor" (and not Photoshop Elements.exe)

I have not used Gimp for a long time!  Some programs have an option to only allow one instance of the program to open- check all

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a thought-

Check you have the external editor preferences pointing exactly to the Gimp program file.

If you have selected an alias or shortcut or a pre-loader, then you may see the problem you are having.

This is often a problem for people with Photoshop Elements for which the preferences have to point directly to the Elements "Editor" (and not Photoshop Elements.exe)

I have not used Gimp for a long time!  Some programs have an option to only allow one instance of the program to open- check all the preference options in Gimp itself.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines