• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Very Basics!

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Lightroom 5 a few months ago, and I cannot figure out how to update the catalog (or is it a library?) that presently exists when I first got Lightroom opened. I later discovered some errors in my C drive (I placed the photos in the wrong place), and then I corrected it using Windows Explorer. But I cannot get Lightroom to look at my new arrangement of pictures. Very frustrating.

The Lightroom package I bought was just the disk; no instructions whatsoever. I bought the Tony Northrup book LIGHTROOM 5 TRAINING for PHOTOGRAPHERS, but it is no help at all. I poked around many of the menus but I get totally lost. I tried Adobe's site to try to get help, but I get totally lost in their incredibly vast website; it apparently has no place where one can contact a real live human being; it just refers you here and there to video tutorials (which I can never follow), and to this discussion. So I am throwing out this plea -- SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!! -- to try to get some help.

Is there a book of some sort that I could buy that helps a dumbbell like me start and navigate through this program? It needs to be a very basic book; I am not familiar with many of the terms used - like CATALOG vs. LIBRARY. See how basic I am? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Here is a free e-book that has some good information in it:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/quickstart/

Here are some good video tutorials that might help you:

Getting started with Lightroom 5 « Search Results « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a free e-book that has some good information in it:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/quickstart/

Here are some good video tutorials that might help you:

Getting started with Lightroom 5 « Search Results « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines