Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ae Painfully Show

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Having huge issues this morning with AE. Its painfully slow. To the point where I'm working on a basic file, 5 seconds of very little and even moving the playhead is lagging.  Export of 5 seconds has currently taken 15 minutes.  Not sure what is going on. It's slowing my whole system  down.

Any advice.

Im running ma nMP with 64gb ram. First time I've had this issue.

Thanks

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your composition set to use the classic renderer? If not, try switching to that. It sounds like it accidentally got switched to the ray-traced renderer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Szalam,

Nope the composition was set to classic.  Very laggy indeed. So I've just rebuilt the system, clean install. Fresh adobe AE composition. Brand new Classic Renderer, and it's stuttering, moving a simple text layer, on an empty project.  It's so annoying and I've got no idea where to start. Hardware acceleration is off and no change when on.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your full system specs? Also, what, exact, version number of AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full Specs:

AE:14.0.1.5

no plugging installed

MacPro 6,1

2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Display: DELL UP2715K

The response time is just shocking. Literally dragging test text across a compulsion and it can't keep up.

Something is seriously wrong. I've toggled various options to see if they have an impact. With no results.

See Video

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5208413/IMG_2115.MOV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FORMAT.LDN,

I saw your video and that is unacceptable performance. Sorry! Did you ever end up solving this issue? Please give us an update, OK?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines