• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide not displaying for entire duration of inserted Flash movie.

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, I'm inserting a .SWF into a slide but the when I publish and play the presentation the player moves me to the next slide before the .SWF has finished playing. Any thoughts on how to fix this.

Much thanks,

Michael Kelly
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

What you might want to try is:
1. setting the slide's audio duration to the same elapsed time as your flash swf file, and
2. make sure that the slide's property is set to "advance by user".

Rob
www.robrode.com/yabb/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob. I inserted enough "silence" for each slide to be able to view the entire SWF movie. Now my problem is that the movie is really the entire slide, but the pause button in the player doesn't stop the movie and the time slider doesn't impact where I am in the movie.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

-=michael=-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Mike,

What you'll need to do in that case is set the playback of the swf to be controlled by the presentation's playbar.

The command for doing this should be available from your Presenter menu option in PowerPoint; from there trace down and select "Presentation Settings". When that dialog box opens, simply select the swf file you want to have controlled by the Presenter playbar....then republish your content!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources