Unable to install the application on iOS Simulator

Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate 2017 (build 16.0.0.112)

AIR SDK 23.0 for iOS

Xcode 8.1

Trying to run app on iOS Simulator and getting the error "Unable to install the application on iOS Simulator".Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 09.38.32.png

Path to iOS Simulator SDK is set to

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk

Actually selected this path below in Finder but appears to be an alias to the path above

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator10.1.sdk

Oddly, the 10.1 iOS Simulator doe NOT show up under Xcode->Preferences->Components. The latest version is 10.0

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 10.01.42.png

Any one able to suggest a solution to this and especially why the simulator does not appear under Components?

Console output shows this log entry when attempting to run app on simulator:

Failed to find class DTiPhoneSimulatorSystemRoot at runtime.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

The release notes say this has been fixed in the latest Air 25 SDK (released today), hope it helps:

Adobe AIR 25 Beta | application development - Adobe Labs

Happy coding

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the same setup. Also just tried AIR 24 Beta (build177) with no luck.

Will proceed to slam face against wall...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. There's a thread going here: Unable to install the application on iOS Simulator

And the bug has been reported to Adobe, which has it in the "To Test" stage here: Tracker

We'll see if it gets worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with today's Animate update, still doesn't work. Might need to be fixed in the AIR SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release notes say this has been fixed in the latest Air 25 SDK (released today), hope it helps:

Adobe AIR 25 Beta | application development - Adobe Labs

Happy coding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the note. It does indeed work, with the SDK path being: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk

Watch out for any spaces the forum put into that paste I did. There should be no spaces in the path.

I confirmed it was still failing before I did the test. Curiously, Simulator showed a message about how the app might slow down my phone, and that the developer needed to do an update. Never seen that before, and I won't worry for now! At least we can test on Simulator again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum did put in a space character. The "...per/SD K/iP..." part shouldn't have that space in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This path does not work for me. I get the same (vague and useless) error. Update: Oh! There's a new version - I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had you done the Help menu, Manage Adobe AIR SDKs, add AIR 25, select it for your FLA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see the other emails until I replied (they don't group well in my mail client..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in our latest Beta. Please download our latest AIR SDK 25 Beta from: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html.

Thanks,

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! The beta does work on the initial build to the iOS simulator, but changing devices and building again doesn't. I submitted a bug in the tracker here: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198255​ (page doesn't load for me now, maybe the tracker is down?)

Also I have a similar thread going here: Unable to install the application on iOS Simulator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same problem with xcode 9 and AIR 27

I'm unable to test to test the app in iPhone Plus, iPhone X and iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xcode 9 iOS 11 simulator is now 64bit only. AIR outputs 32bit for simulator builds. Adobe will need to update AIR for iOS 11, hopefully in next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much!!

hope it will be before they send the iPhone X devices!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines