• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What filetype do I use to create an external file that multiple swfs can all call to and edit?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TL;DR: See title.

Hello all,

I'm currently using Animate CC to export layers to swfs as I'm sending those swfs to be layered around a video screen.  I need a degree of automation that is better than a loop.

The aim is to synchronize a cartoon character's animation and world(settings, overlays, other characters) across multiple swfs while any of the swfs themselves are able to change the variables in the external file.   I plan to use a random number generator to start a character's action; like a blink, for example.  The external variables are meant to be a multiplier for a loop that, over time, steadily increases the chance that a scene will end the loop.  Once the loop is ended, I'm looking to alter the character's state to a new animation 'standing' (so all of the individual swfs can now read character.State = "standing"; that starts the "standing" animation)  Once complete, it will change the state to "stand".  That kind of thing.

I'm a complete newbie with AS3 but I don't know if using javascript, or AS inside another swf will lead to a dead end and I've already spent a lot of time getting nowhere.  I mentioned everything I plan to do in case I'm thinking of this whole thing incorrectly.

Would really appreciate some guidance and thanks for your time.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

you can create a text or xml or json or file and have that supply variable/values used by a swf (or swfs) to control animation.

p.s. i believe this would be challenging for someone with intermediate as3/animate cc knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can create a text or xml or json or file and have that supply variable/values used by a swf (or swfs) to control animation.

p.s. i believe this would be challenging for someone with intermediate as3/animate cc knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines