• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC Trail Crashes When I Move Video Into Timeline

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the trial for After Effects CC today (latest update) and it was working fine, I could import videos or any media and see all the details, the video thumbnail, etc. Whenever I move any video into the timeline however (all of the videos I tested worked completely fine in the Premiere CC Trial (The Premiere Trial had some problems as well)) and it just comes up with the Transform Borders on the Program window and then crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it made no different. Please help, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ACowNamedDave,

Sorry for your issues.

What are your system specs and which OS are you on?

What are the properties of your media files?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the late response, been busy for the past couple days. The computer I'm using is this: Toshiba Satellite L750D-ST4N01 Specs - CNET

With a 2tb HDD and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. I'm using Windows 7 Professional and the properties of the ones I tested were:

Video:

Type: .wmv

Length: 14 min 36 seconds

Size: 749 MB

Frame Width/Height: 1280 X 720

Data Rate: 12000kbps

Total Bitrate: 121228kbps

Frame Rate: 25fps

h.264

Audio:

128kbps

2 Channels

48 kHz sample rate

(This is the original of "1.", I thought it was something wrong with the file so I exported it at a lower resolution in Movie Maker to see if it would fix it, it didn't change anything however)

Video:

Type: .mp4

Length: 14 min 36 seconds

Size: 1.52 GB

Frame Width/Height: 1920 X 1080

Data Rate: 14854kbps

Total Bitrate: 14954kbps

Frame Rate: 25fps

h.264

Audio:

99kbps

1 Channel

44 kHz Sample Rate

(I recorded the audio for the video on an external mic since my camera's is not very good at all)

I then also downloaded a video and tried to use it, wouldn't work and tried pictures of different sizes and file types as well, all of which didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi A Cow Named Dave,

Sorry that you had trouble during your trial period. I hope that you figured out your issue with this media. My guess is that this was not standard footage. If you subscribed, let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you just found this stuff out!  Here's why:

At one time, Adobe apps had a 30-day tryout period.  You had time to get the feel of how they really worked  That's ESPECIALLY important with such a quirky, convoluted and complicated pice of software as AE.

Not any more!

The trial period has been reduced to seven days.  168 hours.  Just a little over ten-thousand minutes.  If you started the tryout a few days ago, good luck finding a solution to your woes AND learning a little about AE.

The clock's ticking.  If it runs out, you're hosed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A Cow Named Dave,

Hope you solved your issue. If your problem is solved, let us know. If not, please tell us how we can help you further. We just need a little more info from you.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines