Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Adobe LiveCycle Management protected documents in Adobe Acrobat X Pro

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having issues opening a LCRM protected document in Adobe Acrobat X Pro, but can open in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Is this by design?

Regards,

Raj

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of issues? Maybe it's a newer version of DRM than this very old Acrobat Pro - did you try the current version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your response. We only have Acrobat X Pro installed on our machines so no chance to access another version.

The issue I am having is that when I am about to open the PDF, the document doesn't open, all I see is the Home Screen on Acrobat PRO. No error messages whatsoever.

I know that the PDF is protected using ALCRMS (Adobe Livecycle Rights Management) and it is connecting a Remote Server for authentication. No firewall issue, as it is opening in Reader...

I have a feeling that Adobe Acrobat Pro may not be able to open such a PDFs? I know that Chrome PDF Viewer struggles too! Get a "Failed to load PDF" error.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds as if you are double clicking. Does anything different happen if you use File > Open?

No chance it can ever work in Chrome, that does not use Adobe technology, nor any other non-Adobe viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes have tried File > Open too. Simply no response from Acrobat Pro. Do you know if it is possible to open a ALCRM protected document in Pro? I have heard some people telling me that it would not work as it is an Editor program.

Thanks for your responses so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines