• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multi layers exporting to separate page pdf

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a InDesign file that was built with 128 layers each containing CMYK content. I need to export the file to create 128 separate PDF files, one for each layer. Is this able to be done??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m pretty sure there are some scripts floating around. Try asking in the scripting forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap!

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i tried the below script with cc2015 some while back and it worked well for simple documents containing text frames and images. you too can have a look and see if it works

http://indesignsecrets.com/page-exporter-utility-peu-5-script-updated-for-cs3.php

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using OSX this script exports layers to Photoshop and in the process writes out PDFs so it could be altered to get just PDFs

http://www.zenodesign.com/forum/PageToPSLayersV6.zip

This thread covers the script usage:

how to export indesign layers to photoshop layers (same structure)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob,

About Scott Zanelli's script, it works [tested]!

About my comment, see:  InDesign Layers

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which forum would that be?

Thanks to all!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign Scripting forum:

InDesign Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using OSX try this AppleScript—it's adapted from the script I linked to in #5. The PDFs are saved to a folder on your Desktop named InDesignLayers...

http://www.zenodesign.com/forum/LayersToPDF.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, this is a great script which is really helping me out. The only thing is when it brings up the option to select a PDF preset and the page selection part doesn't seem to work. I am also working with spreads  which means I need the option to choose pages 2-3 for example, where as this limits me to choosing only one page. Could you help me on this? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The script will only export one page at a time. If you want to export a spread, try saving a PDF Preset with Spreads checked and select the saved preset form the dropdown menu. In the Page to Export field type the page number for first page of the spread you want to export. Also, you might need to set your Page Numbering Preference to Absolute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that 128 layers (Yikes!) is way too many to do this manually, but if you ever need just a few pages to print or export with each layer on its own page you can duplicate a page and then click the image.

Under the Object menu there's a command for Object Layer Options. You can turn the PSD layers on or off as you want.

You can even turn PSD layer comps on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines