• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How best to use Lightroom between a team?

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hope someone can advise! We are a small travel company based in Scotland and Ireland. We have 6 people in our marketing team across the 2 countries. We use imagery a lot (45K images). Currently we have Lightroom on an external drive in our Scotland office that is passed between each person to connect to their Mac and upload/download images. We also use online platform Smugmug to share images with our clients and also with our colleagues in Ireland.

We really want an online digital asset management solution that each of us can access concurrently. We'd like to import our Lightroom library into this online platform - including structure, tags and rating.

We've looked at a few online solutions such as Libris, Bynder etc. But nothing seems to offer exactly what we need and also they re v expensive for a small team.

Can anyone suggest something we re missing?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

As you are aware, Lightroom is not designed for multiuser access. One thing you could consider is all of you subscribe to the creative cloud and use Lightroom Mobile. But I still think you would encounter difficulties if more than one user was trying to make changes to the same image at the same time. Lightroom Mobile is for mobile devices, android and iOS.  But your different partners could also access the shared collections by going to Lightroom.adobe.com. Something to consider, but I don't kn

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you are aware, Lightroom is not designed for multiuser access. One thing you could consider is all of you subscribe to the creative cloud and use Lightroom Mobile. But I still think you would encounter difficulties if more than one user was trying to make changes to the same image at the same time. Lightroom Mobile is for mobile devices, android and iOS.  But your different partners could also access the shared collections by going to Lightroom.adobe.com. Something to consider, but I don't know if it would be ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim

Yup I think with the Creative Cloud single library we couldnt access it more than one person at a time. Is that right? As wouldnt be much better than currently unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title specifically asks about using Lightroom for a team. The answer is: don't bother, there's no really workable solution.

We've looked at a few online solutions such as Libris, Bynder etc. But nothing seems to offer exactly what we need and also they re v expensive for a small team.

Perhaps someone would have a solution is you could state why these were not exactly what you need, or alternatively, state exactly what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. I suppose Im asking if theres an online solution that integrates with Lightroom or offers an import process that allows us to move our current library - structure, tags and rating on to that system. Which can then be used concurrently by our team.

Does anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks again for replying so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't know, but Google probably does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered Jim's suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines