• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why shape path vertices disappear when adding keyframe?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I have AE CC 2015 and I am experiencing a huge bug. When I create a path in a shape layer I can see all the vertices and change their positions only when they are inside the composition working area. When I move the path out of the area (for instance the object moves out of screen) I can't edit the vertices anymore. I can see them, but the moment I change one and consequently a keyframe is added, they disappear, which makes it impossible for me to change them again or edit the handles. That's really distressing and it never happened in previous AE versions and I use the software since 2000. I'm attaching two pictures to show what's happening. Image 1 - path clearly visible out of composition working area and no keyframe. Image 2 - add the keyframe and oops! path disappears!Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 11.36.34.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-01 at 11.36.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have AE CC 2015

what exact Ae version are you using? I cannot recreate this problem.

if you are using CC 2015 make sure you are using 13.7.1 on PC or 13.7.2 on Mac

if you are using CC 2015.3 make sure you are using 13.8.1

if your version are updated, please provide the most basic steps to produce this problem so I may test it in my system. you can also provide a project file via any cloud service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using 13.5 on a Mac. I'll try to update but still this shouldn't happen.

Do you still want a project file?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.5 was notoriously known for its many bugs. update to 13.7.2 and come back with feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MichelaB,

Sorry you had trouble there. Interesting looking artwork. Are you still having trouble with your shape layers? Kindly let us know how it's going and if you still need assistance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines