Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable IRS PDF shows data in saved document but is blank when printed out

Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to figure out how to print the document with all the data in tact when it's printed. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which form is this? Do you have a link to the form on the IRS web site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the Form 1023 Application for Recognition of Exemption (501c3 IRS status)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat or Adobe Reader are you using to fill out the form? When you try to print, can you see your data in the print preview window (you may have to use the next page/previous page buttons below the preview window on the print dialog)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook and the IRS form seems to be in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  I can see the data in the print preview window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here: Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Reader DC on Mac OS X, and I can also see the information in preview, but it also shows up on the printer. What type of printer are you using? One thing you could try is to click on the "Advanced" button on the print dialog and then select to "Print as image" - does that print the form fields correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!! YES!! that worked!  Just for grins, why did I get a dialogue box which said "An error exists on the page.  Acrobat may not display the page correctly.  Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."?  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF file may be corrupt. I did not get this error, but I may not have gone to every single page in this document and of course I did not fill out every single field, I just filled in some information on a page to see if it would print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well again, thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines