• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Lightroom 6 it cant not import raw from Canon 5D Mark IV?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a Canon 5D Mark IV camera. I have updated Lightroom 5 to Lightroom 6. Lightroom 6 does not import Canon raw filesI  CR2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

You probably installed LR6.0

Download the 2015.8/6.8 update from this link:

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably installed LR6.0

Download the 2015.8/6.8 update from this link:

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me if this worked for you i.e. importing CR2 to Lightroom 6.8 (latest I think).  I am trying to learn LR using a trial but cannot import any CR2 files.  I'm hoping it's the trial version that's the problem.  Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the link for Lr6.8 but the link did not open. Then download the CC test version and with this version yes I could import the CR2 files from D5 markIV. With the Lr CC installed I tried the Lr6.0 update, but it did not let me update. The trial version meets the deadline at the end of the month, when this happens I will try to find a solution. Whatever happens will comment.

When this time itĀ“s comes I'll tell you.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really sure when you think you are doing. Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are the same program installed with the same installer, updated with the same update files. The difference comes with how you activate Lightroom. If you have paid a subscription fee then you can activate as Lightroom CC. If you activated using a serial number then you have Lightroom 6. But the installers and the updaters are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jive: I have license for Lr5 and I have updated my license with the corresponding payment to Lr6, but Lr6 does not import CR2 files for Canon 5Dmark IV. As I could not or I did not know how to upgrade to Lr6.8, I chose and opted for the LrCC installation, once installed the LrCC I tried to update to the Lr6.8, but until now it has not let me update, I will wait for it Complete the 30 day free period to see if I can or if I will upgrade to Lr6.8.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on the Free trial period then you have not input your serial number. In any event that should not stop you from updating to 6.8. Something else is stopping you from doing the update. Please post the Exact Error Message you get when trying to do the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends:

Adobe sent me, 2 days ago, an email saying that I had fulfilled the term of free use of the LrCC.

Once the deadline for a month of free use of the LrCC program, I am pleased to tell you that the LrCC is still installed and running on my computer and I can import the 5D Mark IV CR2 files.

This is all I can tell you.

Thank you for Alls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be wrong,  but I think the e-mail you received was notifying you that the trial of Lightroom Mobile had come to an end. If you really registered and installed Lightroom as Lightroom CC then you wouldn't be able to use the develop module in Lightroom. Did you activate Lightroom by entering a serial number that you purchased?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim:

I have a license for Lr5 and I updated (for payment), to Lr6, later I got to L6.7, unable to update to 6.8, so I requested the free month of LrCC. Possibly it has been an error, or I have made a mistake in trying to perform the updates, it could have happened that when I installed the LRC this it has been corrected or solucinated by itself, I do not know.

Greetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are both installed with the same installer because they are the SAME program. The only difference is that if you activate Lightroom with a serial number you don't have the Dehaze Filter and several other features that have been added since Lightroom 6 was released. During the trial  period of Lightroom CC you would have had access to Lightroom Mobile. But when the trial has ended and you revert to Lightroom 6 you lose your Lightroom Mobile options. While you were using the trial of Lightroom CC, did you ever see the dehaze filter, and did you use it? Do you still have that filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim:

I think you are right about how everything has been developed.

I do not understand what you mean by the Dehaze filter, I do not know what this is.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what you mean by the Dehaze filter, I do not know what this is.

New Cloud only feature introduced into Lightroom CC in 2015

https://petapixel.com/2015/06/16/dehaze-comes-to-adobe-photoshop-and-lightroom/

It is not available in Lightroom 6 standalone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my Lr it dont have any dehaze filter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/manuelmoraltorralbo/

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at somewhat of a disadvantage here because I have never had Lightroom 6. I went from Lightroom 5.7.1 directly to the creative cloud Lightroom CC 2015. But from what you describe I think you wasted your month of creative cloud trial because it appears that you didn't see or use any of the additional features. The program is virtually the same program, installed by the same installer. Whether or not it is Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC depends on how you sign in. It seems that some users expect to see or fear there is something great or grand  about the creative cloud version. But it isn't really any different. It's just the same program, activated differently, and provides a few extra features that are not available when activated as Lightroom 6. But the program does not look any different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated...... why do adfobe not provide sufficient support? other manufacturer have chat options with knowledgeable staff!

Out of pocket upgrading to latest version of lightroom 6 to enable me to import my raw CR2 files - alas it does not work?

Any recommendatons for another provider other than Adobe?  I will never buy their products ever again and expect a full refund!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevep28900703  wrote

Frustrated...... why do adfobe not provide sufficient support? other manufacturer have chat options with knowledgeable staff!

Out of pocket upgrading to latest version of lightroom 6 to enable me to import my raw CR2 files - alas it does not work?

Any recommendatons for another provider other than Adobe?  I will never buy their products ever again and expect a full refund!

That is because you haven't update LR 6 to the latest Point release which is 6.14.

You can download it from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe doesn't change the basic installer every time there is an update to the program. In order to install Lightroom 6 it is always necessary to install the basic program and then install at least the latest update which is now Lightroom 6 .14. If you have installed that update, and then you have purchased a new camera that is not supported by that update, then your only option is to wait until Adobe has updated the DNG converter (which is free) and download it. From that point onward, it will be necessary for you to convert your images to the DNG format and import those into Lightroom. There will be no further updates to Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines