• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effecs CC 2017 Crashing. How to download an older version?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently updated to Adobe After Effects CC 2017, but now everytime that I try to start it up it gets stuck on this screen (see picture).

So I do not really know what to do... Can I download the older version back? If so, how can I do that?

I hope that you guys can help me...

Greets.

Hallo iedereen,

Ik heb vrij recent nog ge-update naar Adobe After Effects CC 2017, maar als ik nu After Effects probeer op te starten blijft die hangen op een bepaald scherm (zie foto. Is er een mogelijkheid om dit op te lossen of om eventueel de vorige versie terug te installeren?

Ik hoop echt dat jullie me kunnen helpen...

Groetjes.

Knipsel.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't done so already, download the Creative Cloud app. From there, go to the Apps list and scroll down to the "Find Additional Apps" list. Just to the right of that text is some blue text that reads "Filters & Versions." Click there and select View Previous Versions. Find After Effects in the updated list and when you click the Install button, it will give you the option to download an older version.

As for your current issue, I would try resetting preferences - Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift while the app is starting (unlikely to help but it's possible) and if that doesn't work, maybe deleting and re-installing the program. That's not good when an empty window shows up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reacting. The problem is, I do have the blue text but it only saids 'Filters' and not 'Versions'...

I already tried downloading Adobe After effects 5 times and it does not seems to help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a full CC subscription or just to AE? Also, are you sure you are logged into the same Adobe ID in the Creative Cloud app as when you downloaded the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J722,

I've seen a few variations of this bug. So sorry it is occurring. Can you work with our agents? I think they will want to troubleshoot 1-1 with you. Please report back with their findings.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug should be fixed in the update that released today. See Tim's post about it here. The After Effects CC 2017 update to version 14.2 is rolling out worldwide. It may take a day or so to show up for you depending on where you live. You also may need to log out and back in to your CC app or other funky things to get it to show up.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines