• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHTROOM IS CRAP DISCUSS.....

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest updates and use lightroom 6.8 and photo merge doesn't work AT ALL.

First of all it is grayed out on the menu.

Then after getting ..kd about on here for 400 billion hours the only advice available was and is halfwitted and completely useless so DONT bother replying unless you know what your doing.

I have gone into "preferences" and changed the setting that was suggested.

I unticked it and all it did was .....................

On the menu bar if you click photo and then merge the 2 options HDR and PANORAMA are greyed out.

THEN....................you go to the photo on the screen (yessssssssssssssssss I know there needs to be more than one)

and right click to bring up the list ..........choosing merge they are still greyed out using this right mouse button method....................

HOWEVER.............THENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN go back to the top bar menue and try again and click merge and THIS TIME (BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO TRY IT WITH THE MOUSE RIGHT CLICK FIRST WHICH WONT WORK BUT.............) THENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN  HDR and PANORAMA  are BLACK AND CLICKABLE.

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT that that helps at all as when you click either HDR or Panorama an instant error message appears.

THEN if you try again the 2 options are greyed out again.

SO....you must go through the process of trying it with the right click mouse button (WHICH WONT WORK) BUT ......................has the effect of making the top bar merge button options become BLACK .................IT IS THE only  WAY TO GET THE OPTIONS TO APPEAR BLACK AND CLICKABLE.

But as I said it doesnt really help as then an instant error message comes up.

I use WINDOWS 10  my computer system is more powerfull and better equipped than anything NASA have and I have 500 trillion billion terra things of space.

I ALSO....................loaded lightroom onto a completely seperate sytem I have which is even more powerful than this one and is so fast and has so much space that it takes up most of the known universe.

Now ....................I am highly educated and have an IQ beyond most mortals and YES I am in MENSA.

SO , WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WONT THIS UTTER CRAP WORK ?

DONT WASTE MY TIME WITH POINTLESS ANSWERS I WANT THE RESOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM OR I AM GOING TO SHOOT MYSELF

.......................OR A NEIGHBOUR ............................preferaby.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ever decide to settle down and really describe your system as far as how much RAM you are using, how your disk drive(s) are configured, etc., and then really describe what is happening in a logical manner perhaps someone will be able to offer you some assistance. Ranting and raving and shouting isn't going to get you much help. I'm using a very modest computer, Windows 10, 8 GB RAM, and I'm able to create panorama images, HDR images, and have no problems using  Lightroom. There's obviously something installed incorrectly or configured incorrectly on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had you bothered you would see that my computer IS NOT THE PROBLEM

You would also have spotted that I very cunningly EXPLAINED THE PROBLEM USING CRYSTAL CLEAR ........................WORDS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Maybe someone else is willing to put up with your tirade. Unfortunately for you, I'm not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another 'user' (with some frustrations like yourself) I would like to help if I can.

But first some questions-

What is your OS?

What are you trying to achieve- HDR or Panorama?

The files you are selecting- what are their properties?  Raw, jpg, originals, virtual copies, cropped, different exposure, different framing, etc?

A screen-clip of the selected photos in the Library grid would also help.

For a panorama- do the images have some image overlap?

For HDR- are the images the originals taken at different camera exposures?

All of these answers would help us try for an answer to help you.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

About 6 mos after installing LR, (which is the 1 T package for Photoshop , LRC and LR), I noticed that the once functioning menus, greyed out... Nothing changed in my system's capabiities. I have 16 g ram on a AMD Ryzen 9 series CPU.   GPU is 6 gig. all clocked at or about 3 gig hz. I have no acces to HDR, Stack or Pano... Early, before adding more CC storage, I had it--but no longer. Aside from LR crashing 50% of  the time, it's Ok.   Also, I was missing about 3500 pics from gallery; now, they have mysteriouly returned after a scathing letter to Tech Support... I never knew how very inadequate JPEG is for editing, until I could not get a RAW photo recovered in gallery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try inputting "HDR and PANORAMA are greyed out" into Google and see if you can find a post somewhere that helps.

Even try using the words "grayed out"

Also, calm down. Venting on the forums is not going to make anyone want to help you.

Please understand that these forums are not Adobe Support. The vast majority of the participants here are end users themselves volunteering their personal time to assist other users. Occasionally, Adobe employees do monitor these forums although in many cases, they are also not part of Adobe Support.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to discuss.

I constantly babysit Lightroom, it is slow, it throws errors at me and looses photos, it eats up a gabazillion gigabytes and keeps running after I close it.

The only good part about Lightroom is the RAW processing - which I can do in ACR.

The tagging facilities are good but not worth dealing with all the issues, shortcomings and quirks.

The problem with Lightroom is that it tries to do everything, it is monolithic, riddled with bloat, legacy code and bad code.

The workflow needs to be broken down. The plan is to use ACR for processing RAW, and find other solutions for organizing, deduplicating, backing up, browsing, tagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rolfens, I doubt you will get the original posters attention since he has not logged in to the forum since starting the thread in Feb 2017 2.5 years ago.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I just thought this would be a good place to voice my opinion since it is relevant.

I do not intend to respond to the poster but add to the topic for future reference.

I like to take photos - I would just like the processing part to be kinda fun as well. Not asking for much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum so the responses you get on the forum will be from users like your self and not necessarily from Adobe staff. If you need help then there are lots of info that you can obtain, just post your questions with as much information as possible and details of your version of Lightroom and your Operating system. Give details of the version number you not "up to date"

If you have a feature request or need to report a "bug" post in the link below

Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines