• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radeon RX 470 G1 Gaming 4G compatible with the adobe

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Radeon RX 470 G1 Gaming 4G compatible with the adobe, premiere and audition platforms ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until some one test it, it is hard to know how good or bad it is.  It apparently supports OpenCL 2.2 which Adobe Premiere probably can use, we know it supported 2.0 and I tested one of those so in theory OpenCL 2.2 should also work, maybe even better.  But the memory clock (1650 MHz, 6600 MHz effective) and memory bandwidth (211 GB/second)  are on the low end of current cards.  For only $70 more you could have an absolutely great GTX 1060 (EVGA 06G-P4-6163-KR) which runs the CUDA software which is faster than the OpenCL software and I am running (overclocked) at 9600 MHz effective and a memory bandwidth of 240 GB/s   And it works great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the rx 470 should be compatible with adobe software. as far as performance, i've seen some posts and youtube video's where people are comparing the rx 480 vs gtx 1060, and the rx 480 was able to keep up with the nvidia card fine. so the rx 470 (which is a cut down rx 480) should work ok too. the rx 470 is one of the best cards for value, the gtx 1060 is 50% more but no where near 50% faster. one consideration is if you have any cuda only software, which will require a nvidia card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were any of those comparisons CUDA based?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as i know/remember, the amd cards were using opencl and the nvidia cards were using cuda...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased an Alienware laptop with the AMD Radeonâ„¢ RX 470 8GB and I'm getting a greyed out playback engine in Premier  - and the no-effect timeline...any pointers on where to correct Premier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere?

Go to a cmd window and run GPUSniffer and show us the data like this

GPUSniffer GTX 1060 x 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--- OpenGL Info ---

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Renderer: Radeon (TM) RX 470

OpenGL Version: 4.5.14008 Compatibility Profile Context 21.19.128.4 20.19.15.4483

GLSL Version: 4.50

Monitors: 1

Monitor 0 properties -

Size: (0, 0, 2560, 1080)

Max texture size: 16384

Supports non-power of two: 1

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 2 devices supporting GPU computation.

OpenCL Device 0 -

Name: Ellesmere

Vendor: AMD

Capability: 2

Driver: 2

Total Video Memory: 8192MB

OpenCL Device 1 -

Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

Vendor: Intel

Capability: 2

Driver: 2

Total Video Memory: 6494MB

* Not chosen because of initialization failure.

AMD Reports a driver version of 16.6 which was downloaded today.
Premier Pro latest version installed yesterday via Cloud installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try disabling the intel graphics 530, i think you can do it in the device manager. you could also check the amd driver software for an option to choose for premiere to use the amd rx 470 and not the intel graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so Dell technical support has not found the solution - and will be taking this laptop back as a LEMON - wether it's the card make, or model or driver  - only god knows.  But I would consider this card a failure in compatibility and use.  3D render tests are coming out at 4 frames a second nonsense - and running HD footage renders of 1min of footage in 15min of processing time!!!!!  That's on NVMe drives too which are testing at 1600mb/sec throughput - outragous.  Dell sucks, get a boxx...ahhahahaaaaa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my last Windows machine - yea I could set the graphics card from the card driver source - there doens't seem to be a setting from the "AMD Settings" app. 

So I went to the device manager and right click - disable - and reboot.  After reboot - Adobe Premier shows the OpenGL card - but won't play any video in preview or timeline - flat white screen! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think there are a few threads with the white screen problem, no clear solution from what i have seen.

Adobe Premier Pro CC showing White Screen

several possible solutions in that thread, but this one looks like it helped a few people Re: Adobe Premier Pro CC showing White Screen

some issues with dual monitors too Dual Monitor in Premiere Pro CC

you could also try FAQ: How to clean media cache files?

too many bugs with premiere for me to follow all of them, if those don't help you can also search the main premiere forum for more possible solutions   Adobe Forums: Premiere Pro - query=white+screen​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to all for the answers that are leaving here, are very useful to be able to make a decision on whether or not to install this plate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheesh - if I could avoid windows 10 I'd do it at ANY cost - it's just that Alienware is cramming the exact same hardware in their laptop as in their desktop - it's a screamin fast rig when I get the kinks worked out.

Today I found an Intel Graphics control panel that also has custom profiles - and the AMD Radeon has a asterist next to it with a system report that it reported an error and has been disabled.  So i'm going to get on the phone with Dell dedicated support and see if they can get it worked out.  Will report the changes and steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines