Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash "External Preloader" not working

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

I've been trying to figure this issue out for a while now, using multiple different preloaders, even the one Adobe provides, and get some slightly varied, but no luck.

I have a flash file hosted on google sites, that I am trying to preload with another flash entirely, and it seems to not be working in many cases.

The examples I will show you are my results from using the built in, external preloader provided by Adobe.

This is the code:

var contentLoader:Loader;

loadContent("website.swf");

function loadContent(url:String):void {

contentLoader = new Loader();

contentLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, loading);

contentLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, contentLoaded);

contentLoader.load(new URLRequest(url));

}

function contentLoaded(evt:Event):void {

//Optionally change to a clip holder and set progressbar visibility.

addChild(contentLoader);

}

function loading(evt:ProgressEvent):void {

var loaded:Number = evt.bytesLoaded / evt.bytesTotal;

setBarProgress(loaded);

}

function setBarProgress(value:Number) {

progressbar.bar.scaleX = value;

}

Now for my results:

When testing in Firefox and Chrome:

2017-02-01 18_26_05-.png

No issues, all preloaders I have tried work in Firefox without an issue.

When testing in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer:

2017-02-01 18_28_59-Collaboration with Ironmane by RazethAnimation -- Fur Affinity [dot] net - Inter.png

The flash refuses to load and the loading bar breaks.

With some other templates, I couldn't get chrome to work. I have had 100% success with Firefox only.

I am running the latest version of Flash Player, and this same issue happens with other users.

I would like to know if anyone knows why this happens, and how I can fix it, as many users will be seeing this, and for those that use Edge or IE, I would like this working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the url to your html that embeds the swf with the code you showed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the original link contains mature content, this link is a placeholder that will work the exact same:

https://6b2164c4-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/razanimresources/RazzleWiggleTestAnimation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see that loading anything.  in addition, that's not a link to an embedding html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"m not trying to load html, I'm trying to preload another flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you should have an html page that's embedding your main (the one with the preloader) swf.

and i don't see https://6b2164c4-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/razanimresources/RazzleWiggleTestAnimation... loading another swf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines