• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do we have Preferences in XD? Why they are grayed out on macOS?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I go to the top left menu and try to go into preferences for XD it is greyed out and can't open it up. I tried re-installing it but still same problem

See Image 2019-04-25 at 11.12.45 AM.png

Thanks

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Hi Jen,

I understand your frustration. I would request you to please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33361459-preferences and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Edited

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature will probably be introduced at a later date in XD. Preferences grayed out – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You all have been saying that since 2016. How much longer do we have to wait to we get preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly wish that adobe xd had a dark mode option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi The Default Cube,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing your feedback.  Would you mind submitting your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte... and upvote the request to add your voice?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised this wasn't a feature years ago. Adobe XD is a fairly straight-forward application with a substantially limited set of options. The preference menu should hypothetically be pretty slim. With that said, one solution might be some amount of XD functionality embedded in InDesign. This would solve most user-level issues related to the limitations associated with importing .ai files, scalability, flexibility and offer a more robust set of advanced design tools. My recommendation would be to accelerate the speed at which the XD team is addressing and implementing basic features. XD could be a useful tool for general design and UI prototyping but currently, for my use at least, is severely hamstrung by not including parity with Illustrator design tools or even InDesign design tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its feature to be added later on , why are you confusing Users with greyed out preferences? Your own user experience sucks and you are creating tool for UX designers. Irony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't seem to find anywhere why the preferences section is greyed out at the bottom of the hamburgler menu. Have preferences been disabled?  I also cannot record a preview of my prototype (the option simply does not exist in the window with the active preview).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seems that I am also not able to scroll down past the initial viewport of an art-board that is longer than its original viewport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all features that are coming to windows. Were working on it as fast as we can. The Preferences menu is removed in  the next build because there are no preferences... (It's disabled all the time on the mac, but we can't as easily remove that menu item).

Thanks for using XD on Windows! More updates every month.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Chris!  I really like what I am able to do so far and I'm looking forward to the new features.  Is there a place where I can also suggest new features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you're enjoying it! You can suggest and vote for features at https://adobexd.uservoice.com . You can also track features to get notified as they are finished . We don't have specific features on user voice for features that are implemented on mac but not on windows yet because everything on mac is coming to windows.

Thanks for all your feedback and have with with XD!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it back, there are some windows tracking features tagged with  [windows]  in user voice.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's why is not available on mac.

Thanks Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to use XD off and on for over 2 years now (Sketch has been, by far IMO, superior in almost every aspect), but I still cannot customize the behavior of the program. That is an incredibly poor user experience.

Why is "Preferences" still greyed out? Preferences should be a STANDARD feature of any program. I understand you may not have every setting fleshed out, but it's ridiculous for as long as this program has been in development that I still cannot simply change default parameters, or how far an object would be nudged when holding SHIFT.

Any word on when this BASIC feature will be added to the program for OSX users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Swoolf,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about adding preferences in XD. Would you mind submitting your feedback here: - Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs​? Please share the link here so that we can keep track of it.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why would anyone NEED to request a preference option within an application? this is standard and one of the first things people look at when opening a new application. Where's the dark mode? why can't I adjust the tools and layout? this is ridiculous,  we are thinking about moving from Sketch to XD bu this is seriously making us reconsider. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there are no application preferences for XD to set, so there's no Preferences window. Being able to change the keyboard increment is useful, so as Atul mentioned, please submit feature requests on the Adobe XD UserVoice website. Adobe does take people's feedback (through that site) seriously.

Keep in mind that Sketch was released 5 years before the first XD beta (which was really rough), so in truth Sketch had about a 6 year head start. I know it's hard to wait for an app to develop, but XD has come a long way in the short time since it's been released. Honestly it would be a sad statement about Sketch if XD could match it in just a couple years. XD is quickly catching up though, and adding features at a faster pace than Sketch currently is.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's halfway into 2020 and preferences are still greyed out. I really wanted to like XD but there's so much lacking, beyond just the preferences issue. If Adobe can improve XD to be better than Figma (which by the way was released at the same time as XD, so no head start like Sketch) then I'll happily switch back. I've been using the Adobe suite for almost 10 years now and have never had so many complaints about a product until XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jen,

I understand your frustration. I would request you to please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33361459-preferenc... and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Edited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how is it a "Mac platform litimation"?

(ther's prefrences on all the other mac aps..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eliyah,

What I meant was that this Preferences menu is visible in mac version of XD and looks greyed out and thanks for telling me it might be creating confusion so with due respect I have edited my response.

I hope you have upvoted the uservoice link.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why add a preferences menu item if there is no preferences option, does Adobe just add it to confuse and annoy people, if there were no preferences in the menu, people wouldn’t spend time trying to find out why it is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just fired up the app for the first and time and the zoom behavior is couterintuitive to ALL OTHER Adobe apps.... so obviously tried to fix this in Prefences but alas it is greyed out and not available. Seriously, WTF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are no Preferences settings in Adobe XD Application. But what would like to change in the zoom behavior of XD 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines