• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio preview skips first second, CC 2017 included.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always, when I ram preview in AE (even if everything is already cached), the audio plays just a couple of frames then there is no audio for a second or two and then it plays almost normal (sometimes there are other audio skips, it seems when starts another audio layer).

I had this problem in AE CC 2015, then there was un update that solves the problem (CC 2015.3 I guess). But when I upgraded to CC 2017 the problem came back again, and now that I have tried to re install CC 2015.3 I still have the same problem.

I'm using AE on windows 10. I've noticed that, if I uncheck "mute audio when preview is not Real-Time" option in Preferences, the problem disapper, but the audio slow pitch is very annoying.

Please tell me how to solve it, I'm wasting a lot of time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on the recent update from 14.0.1 to 14.1.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there DanieleBonazza,

Did you solve your issue yet? What did you do? Hope you're OK. Please let us know if you need further assistance on your audio issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not solved it. Don't know what to do. I'm working with with a very funny slow pitch voice (but that's not what I'm paying for... every month!!!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there DanieleBonazza,

If you are still facing this issue, please contact our support agents here. Please let us know what the agents did to help you solve your issue. If they cannot fix your issue, please let us know so we can have your case escalated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. (macOS, latest AE) It seems AE needs some time to cache the audio. So you are stuck with either slow/not realtime audio or a second of no audio at all. I tried mp3 and wav btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue (cc 2017). Audio will play for a fraction of a second and then completely cut out for around 2 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS is a new issue for me in AE 2017 CC v 14.1.0.57 I have not experienced it before this version of AE. But now it's a clearly reproducible bug.

it is just one of a handful of audio issues with Aftereffects, but this one is a deal breaker.

the first second or so of ALL audio, does not play. we get a shred of it at the beginning, and then nothing for a second or so.

I am trying to time to audio, which makes this bug intolerable. I've tried the usual suspects. Nope, it's not me, it's not my machine, it's AE's half-baked audio subsystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first second or so of ALL audio, does not play. we get a shred of it at the beginning, and then nothing for a second or so.

does this issue resolve when you uncheck hardware acceleration in the display preferences or uncheck mute audio in the previews preferences ? if it is, then it's a bug that's been around since CC2015 and they know about it, but it would help if more users report this by sending bug reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei

Your answer is correct - I'm also getting the same audio problem (CC 2017 v14.0.1.5 on Windows 7 Pro) and switching off Hardware Acceleration in display preferences solves the problem.  Switch Hardware Acceleration back on and the problem comes back straight away...  turn it off and the problem disappears, back on and problem is back.

The same happens with "Mute Audio When Preview Is Not Real-time".

A bug report will be on it's way to Adobe!

Many thanks

Lee

edit:
Also happening on the 14.0.1.57 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty skeezy that we have to send bug reports to get them to fix a known issue with something so basic as audio playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty skeezy that we have to send bug reports to get them to fix a known issue with something so basic as audio playback.

Apparently you weren't aware that you're an unwitting member of the Adobe Unpaid Beta Tester Program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave...not helpful.

puppetnonsense  wrote

It's not necessarily a known issue to Adobe. This thread has mentioned a couple of potentially different issues (and these are issues that I do not have on any of my machines - Mac or PC), so it's possible Adobe hasn't been able to reproduce your specific issue either. In a world of infinite hardware/software/OS combinations, more info is usually quite helpful while bug hunting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, this should be fixed regardless. my notion is the more bug reports -> more priority for this issue. while I disagree with Dave's cynic approach, I can understand why users can feel this way. these post CC2015 bugs should be squashed. every last one. to make room for new bugs that will be coming soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent in a bug report. I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the info/thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same problem and spoke to a support agent. They accessed my computer, purged the memory in AE by going to:

Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Caches

Edit > Purge > All Memory

Closed AE and any other Adobe software. Then they renamed all my Adobe preference files to 'oldAdobe':

Library > Application Support > Adobe (Renamed to 'oldAdobe')

Library > Preferences > Adobe (Renamed to 'oldAdobe')

User > Documents > Adobe (Renamed to 'oldAdobe')

Straight away this fixed my problem. It clears any preferences you had set up, but apparently it can be caused by a corrupt cache folder. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines