Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing the Frame Fitting Button

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I difficult to activated the Frame Fitting Button, even I have activated trough Customize Control Menu, I have check marked The Frame Fitting (Object) and by deactivated and activated check mark and select OK, however the button didn't activated as per shown on Screen Capture.

Awaiting a solution.

Best regards,No Frame Fitting Object Button.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Thanks, Jane. Let me give this one more shot.

handjojo189@gmail.com​, let's look at this as a 2-step process:

1. Use the gear to Open Customize Control panel and uncheck the 5 options outlined in the picture below: Flip & Rotate, Select Container & Contents, Effects, Text Wrap and Corner Shapes. Click on OK.
  2. Use the Selection tool (the black arrow) to select a frame containing a graphic. The frame filling buttons will appear at that time.

InDesign CCss_039.png

This is not a bug—the larger buttons reflect the growing popular

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same issue that's discussed in this thread:

Indesign CC auto fit button missing

You need to go into the Control Panel Customize settings to turn off buttons so that button reappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your advice, however I can't activated the Frame Fitting Button, the button cannot fill to the empty space on Panel, I just make a trial with activated/check marked only Frame Fitting (Object) then appeared, however when re-check/turn on Object Button in Customize Control Panel the Fitting Button didn't appeared there are empty space, then when I turn-off the Frame Fitting (Object) the empty space filled by "Align" Buttons, however when I turn on the Frame Fitting (Object) button there appeared the empty space on the Panel Dock as per screen shot below.

I think there are an issue that those buttons overlap each others and the problem is I cannot resize the Panel.BLANK SPACE.jpgOVERLAP.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to turn off some of the  buttons you don't use so that Frame Fitting options reappears like this:

InDesign CC240.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post will help you understand why this is happening, and will support Steve's answer:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-frame-fitting-buttons/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been sett up through Customize as Steve's answer and as per your link, however the Frame Fitting didn't appeared.

We hope Adobe can release a patch to solve this issue.

B/regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screen shot?

EDIT: Never mind—I went back up and looked at what you posted. Sorry, I was initially on a phone.

The trick is to disable the commands you don't need as much as the Frame Fitting commands, but they need to appear above Frame Fitting in the list. For example:

InDesign CCss_035.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice,

Below is the screenshot, as you see in picture 1 all the Object have been activated but there no Frame Fitting button, the picture 2 shown that I have unchecked the Object then all button was disappeared, then on the picture 3 shown only Frame Fitting activated however there are nothing button appeared after I have pressed OK button .

Picture 1

All Actived.jpg

Picture 2

All Object Unchecked.jpg

Picture 3

Only Frame Fitting Check.jpg

Awaiting the solution.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have a graphic frame selected (or a frame with no content) to be able to see the Frame Fitting Options. In those pictures you have nothing selected.

EDIT: If you have a text frame selected, Fit Frame to Contents also shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your advise, yes the Fitting Frame appear when only select the Fitting Frame, but when I select all Object option, the Fitting Frame disappeared again. Please see screen shot below:

Fitting Frame Button Appeared when only select this option:

Fitting Frame Active.jpg

The Fitting Frame Button disappeared again when select all option of the Object

The Fitting Button disappeared Again.jpg

I suggest there are overlap button that cause the Fitting Button cannot appeared even I did as per above BarBinder way.

Please Adobe help this issue.

Thanks & B/regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the setting I used in posting #3 where I turned on a couple of the settings to the left of Frame Fitting Options. Try this with a graphic selected like I did.

In your last reply you either only turned on Frame Fitting Options or turned every setting on. The latter image example doesn't give you the room to display Frame Fitting Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe help this issue.

Handjojo, this is a user to user forum. Steve and Barb are both experts with extremely long lists of credentials, but they are not Adobe employees. They are volunteers on this forum. The ACP badge you see by their names means Adobe Community Professional.

They have both given you correct answers, so I won't add anything new there, but do keep trying until you get this worked out!

What you are asking about is new behavior in 2017 where some things don't show that used to show in earlier versions. We don't create the software — we can only help you use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane. Let me give this one more shot.

handjojo189@gmail.com​, let's look at this as a 2-step process:

1. Use the gear to Open Customize Control panel and uncheck the 5 options outlined in the picture below: Flip & Rotate, Select Container & Contents, Effects, Text Wrap and Corner Shapes. Click on OK.
  2. Use the Selection tool (the black arrow) to select a frame containing a graphic. The frame filling buttons will appear at that time.

InDesign CCss_039.png

This is not a bug—the larger buttons reflect the growing popularity of HiDPI displays. The older buttons were too small to see on the high-res displays so Adobe made them larger for everyone. On a smaller screen, they no longer fit. If you want to see all the buttons, all the time, you will need to upgrade to a higher resolution monitor.

Finally, it is worth mentioning at these buttons are simply shortcuts for the same commands found in Object > Fitting. These commands are available all the time, as long as an image is selected.

InDesign CCss_040.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BarbBinder,

Thank you for your advise, now the issue has solved, yes I think my monitor not ye Full HD (the resolution only 13680x720), so I will upgrade to a new Monitor with min resolution 1920x1080.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news! Thanks for coming back to let us know that we were able to help you understand this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind advice.

B/regards & GBU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this issue and was not able to add these buttons by following the options in this thread. Chatting with technical support now and so far they are not able to help either. They told me to use Objects > Fitting, but I already knew about this and it does not give me the same options as the buttons. It only gives me one option, and not the one I need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines