Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to setup all pages as Facing Pages?

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I'm a newbie for Adobe InDesign, recently I have a project for make a tabloid, however when I start with create a New Documents as a Tabloid with 4 pages & 2 column and then Turn-On Facing Page in Document Setup, the first Page (Page 1) and the Last Page (4) both not facing page as per shown on Screen Shot belowSETTING NEW DOCUMENT WITH FACING PAGES.jpgFIRST PAGE & LAST PAGE WITHOUT FACING PAGE.jpg.

How to setup all page are Facing Page as I will planning to print in both side of papers.

Please advise.

Best regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Hi,

if you like to have page 4 side by side with page 1 do the following:

1. Set Start Page # to 4

1-StartPageNumber-4.png

2. Open the Pages panel and select page 5 that now is the second page of your document:

2-PagesPanel-SelectPage-5.png

3. Open the context menu and open "Numbering and Sections"

3-ContextMenu-Numbering-and-Sections.png

4. Start new section beginning with page 1

4-StartNewSection-with-Numbering-beginning-at-1.png

After clicking OK:

5-AfterClicking-OK.png

If you want to print or export pages in numbering order do so by writing 1-3,4 in the input field.
Do not select All, that would print or export in pages order as seen from the Pages panel: 4,1-3.

Rega

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal and correct. When you have a cover there's no left hand page and the back cover doesn't have a right hand page. Are you printing this yourself on a desktop printer or putting it out to a commercial litho printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Derek,

Thank you for your inform,

1. However I would to print a full Facing Page, which the first page and last page (Paper) will be contain the advertising,

2. Yes I would putting it out to a commercial offset printer.

Please advice how to create or setup a new document for our purpose.

B/regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if you like to have page 4 side by side with page 1 do the following:

1. Set Start Page # to 4

1-StartPageNumber-4.png

2. Open the Pages panel and select page 5 that now is the second page of your document:

2-PagesPanel-SelectPage-5.png

3. Open the context menu and open "Numbering and Sections"

3-ContextMenu-Numbering-and-Sections.png

4. Start new section beginning with page 1

4-StartNewSection-with-Numbering-beginning-at-1.png

After clicking OK:

5-AfterClicking-OK.png

If you want to print or export pages in numbering order do so by writing 1-3,4 in the input field.
Do not select All, that would print or export in pages order as seen from the Pages panel: 4,1-3.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nornally your printer would undertake the page imposition. I suggest you discuss this with your printer. Usually you would supply your printer with a PDF created from the Adobe PDF presets that are supplied in InDesign. Select PDFX-4 and as single pages (not spreads), and tick Use Document Bleed Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use automatic page numbering and want to see pages 4 and 1 next to each other for layout purposes do like I did in answer 4 . If the printer want the pages imposed [4,1] , [2,3] export spreads to PDF. If not imposed write 1-3,4 to export the PDF. Do not use option All.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are few ways, one of them is to select "Numbering & Section Options" from the Pages panel fly-out menu, change the "start Page Numbering at: 2, click OK.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 9.24.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines