• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews in Camera RAW 9.8 and Bridge 2017

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this is here somewhere but I can't find it. I just recently upgraded my camera to Canon 5D MKIV. My workflow has been CS6 and Bridge. I found out quickly that I needed to upgrade to CC and I have and all my apps are upto date. RAW 9.8 let's me process the Canon 5D MKIV raw files but can't see previews when selecting the files. Bridge 2017 can't see the previews either. I know that bridge hasn't been updated to read those files and that Lightroom will. I really don't want to use Lightroom now but I am now previewing and sorting in Canons software and processing in Bridge 9.8. Also is a profile for Canon 5D MKIV coming for RAW 9.8 or an update soon. How about previews for RAW 9.8 when selecting files. Thanks for any help u can shed on this for me.                                                                                Gary F. Clark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Wow Factory Photography                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  https://www.facebook.com/wowfactorybloomsburg/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

On windows one won't see the previews in File Explorer without an optional codec and you might not see them in Finder on a mac, depending on which version of mac os x your using.

Purging the thumbnail cache might resolve the isue for showing the thumbnails in bridge.

If you press Shift+Ctrl+Alt or Shift+Command+Option just after starting the launch of bridge

Then keep holding the keys down you should get a dialog as below

Click on Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache and click Ok

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.36.58 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I recently purchased a Canon 5D SR that shots 50MG file in RAW and Jpeg. The Jpegs open OK but not the RAW.

I’m using a 27’ iMac with 5K screen , 3.5GHZ and 8GB Ram , using OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

I use Photoshop 5.1. I have downloaded RAW updates but they are not detected by PS. With Bridge every time I close it tells me it accidentally quit.

I know my version of PS is getting old. Any ideas

thanks

Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Camera Raw for CS5 is version 6.7 

That means the Canon Raws must be converted to DNG format in order to open in your old 6.7

This will show you how to install and use the DNG Converter.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.

I downloaded AdobeCamera Raw 6.7 . Unfortunately it won’t open , a pop up says AdobePatchinstaller is damaged and can’t be opened.You should eject the disk image.

What do you suggest I do next ?

thanks again

Arthur Georgeson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set apps to "anywhere", try it again, then back to the default when done.

Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 10.50.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply . I don’t understand what set apps to anywhere means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to  the screenshot. "Anywhere" is outlined in red.

After you do that, try opening the installer again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my settings and downloaded the 6.7 version again , the older download did not work. So I installed another copy and RAW files will not open in my PS5.1 version.

So what next /

thank you for hanging in there with this dumb problem that has me flummoxed .

thanks

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next read this document. You will be using the DNG Converter to convert your 5D raws to DNG format which can be opened in 6.7

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.8 installed successfully …BUT Raw files in Bridge still wont open.

what now

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so we're absolutely clear - merely installing the DNG converter won't do anything by itself. You have to launch it and use it to convert the original CR2 files to the DNG format. These DNGs should then open in your old ACR version.

Make sure to set ACR version compatibility accordingly, in the DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG-infographics.png

Unless something has changed with newer versions of DNG converter, you need to select the FOLDER that contains your raw files.

Don't try to open the folder to select individual photos, they will grayed out. 

DNG converter is a separate application that needs to be run to convert FOLDERs of raw files.

It is not a plugin and just downloading it won't do anything. Open the DNG converter to convert your files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded DNG 9.8 and successfully installed it. BUT cannot open it. I click on it and the package box keeps opening and it re-installs.

How do you open DNG converter ?

thanks again

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's here in your Applications folder. Double-click on it to launch.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 2.30.34 PM.png

And when you open it, change your preferences to 6.6 so it will work with CS5.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 2.33.40 PM.png

Then you are ready to convert raws to dng. Be sure all your raws are in a folder.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 2.41.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that works , we are getting there. However I now have 2 images in Bridge ,one is the RAW file that still won’t open and the DNG file that does open. I now have both files RAW& DNG filling up my computer or external hard drive.

3 questions -

Do I delete the RAW file ? If so this is a slower working process i.e.; convert then delete files.

Is the DNG file an exact copy of the RAW file ?

Does it contain all the information , pixels as the RAW does.

thank you

Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just checked the file sizes of each photograph. The RAWs are around 80MBand the DNG about 63MB . Does this mean I’m losing information somewhere ?

thanks

Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First send the dng files to a separate dng folder. Delete the raws folder when you are sure you don't need them.

I'm not sure. I don't own a Canon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines