• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw sharpness changes after opening in photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an image opened in camera raw and I applied a preset to it. Once I have completed my changes I open the file in photoshop to make local edits. Right after photoshop processes the file there is suddenly a ton of noise or grain that wasn't showing in camera raw. The preset has the sharpness set to 90, radius to 1.5 and I like the effect in ACR and would like to maintain the same sharpness that I'm seeing. I have checked the sharpness output and it is off. What else could I do to have it flow over to PS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Krazyfrog6 wrote:

The preset has the sharpness set to 90, radius to 1.5 and I like the effect in ACR

Make sure to view at 100%! Do you still like it? Depending on where you have the "detail" slider, 90/15 sounds like an awful lot of sharpening.

Noise and sharpening must be viewed at 100% for a reliable preview. This maps one image pixel to one screen pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did look at it at 100% I personally wouldn't keep the sharpness so high but that still doesn't change the fact thank it's super noisey once in PS. Even at 100% in ACR doesn't look that noisey. You don't even have to zoom in in PS to see that huge noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you post a screenshot of a section your image in ACR at 100% zoom and the same section immediately after opening in Photoshop also at 100% zoom.

Also post the ACR Workflow options dialogue box (click on the image data at the bottom of the screen to open it)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look at Cache levels under Preferences > Performance.

If they are set to less than 4, try setting them to 4.

Cache levels.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines