Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming file name on LR4 on Mac OS 10.6

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to replace the 8 first digits of my file name by 3 new digits (Ex: my actual name is : "100527CA_R05375.jpg" to be modified into "CAM_R05375.jpg").

I want to this in LightRoom in order to not lose the modification historic. The LR build-in renaming does not do that. Is there any plug-in or some other way.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

You can simply rename a selected single image in the Metadata panel to be anything you want.

To rename a folder, or many, selected photos- [F2] and choose "Edit" from the File Naming drop-down menu.

I am not certain about this, (but you could try one photo)-

Depending how your photos were originally named then this preset may help-

It uses the Original Number Suffix- (the numbers at the end of the file name) and some Custom text.

You may be able to get CAM_R05375

If you use Custom Text  =  "CAM_R"   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can simply rename a selected single image in the Metadata panel to be anything you want.

To rename a folder, or many, selected photos- [F2] and choose "Edit" from the File Naming drop-down menu.

I am not certain about this, (but you could try one photo)-

Depending how your photos were originally named then this preset may help-

It uses the Original Number Suffix- (the numbers at the end of the file name) and some Custom text.

You may be able to get CAM_R05375

If you use Custom Text  =  "CAM_R"    and  the Original Number Suffix would automatically be 05375 (or 5375? in my testing)

ScreenShot118.jpgScreenShot119.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines