• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't burn my project to DVD

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 3 weeks of failure after failure to burn my project to DVD, is there anyone who can help me? I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, and Premiere Elements 4, which have worked well for many years. Recently Elements decided it needed a MPEG2 code, Unable to get one, since the program is so old, another forum member suggested downloading Premiere Elements 15. I bought the program, and downloaded the project to elements, but have wasted numerous DVD's trying to burn the project. The help video suggested downloading NERO, and even that didn't work. I am at my wits end, and feel like I've just wasted $100 on a program I will never be able to use. The project is both photos & video, made in Photoshop 6, complete with music and texts on the pictures. i really don't want to have to start from scratch, as I have been working on it for 2 months.

EDIT [moved to correct product forum – moderator]

[Here is a list of all Adobe Communities https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

I finally got it to work. What you didn't tell me is that once the ISO file is burned, you have to open the file, and click on the EXACT file. I had labeled the file under Germany-Paris Trip, and that was what I kept trying to burn to DVD. But the file came up as a bunch of numbers. You also didn't tell me that I could burn the DVD right from that folder. I thought you had to go back into the program. There's a button at the top of the file page that says burn, and that was all I needed to do. P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've done a lot of venting, but you really haven't given us a lot of details to work with.

Are you able to burn your DVD project to an ISO file on your hard drive using version 15?

What do you mean when you say you downloaded Nero but it didn't work either? What did you try to do with Nero and what did it do when you tried to do what you tried to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay- My project was ready to be burned. So when I opened Premier Elements, I downloaded the finished video. I clicked on the the share button, to make a DVD. It made an IOS file, but there was nothing that saved it to a file folder, like the instructional video suggested.(The video said I could make an IOS file, or save it to a file folder) So I went to the file, and hit burn, but it said there was an error, that the disk would not burn, and that it was no longer usable. So I went to the help section; they said I might need Nero. So I downloaded Nero, and transferred the IOS file to Nero, but it did the same thing when I went to burn it to the disc. It said there was an error, and that the disk was probably not usable anymore. So then I went back and watched the help video again, and thought maybe I needed to transfer the video to a file folder, but there was no option to burn it to a file folder, only an IOS. I tried saving the project again in the the Premier Elements 15 format, from the Adobe 6 photoshop, and tried the whole process again, but that didn't work either. I am totally clueless as to what to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very confused by your post, Dawn. When you say IOS, I think you mean an ISO file and not an iOS file, right?

You also say that you couldn't create an ISO file -- but then you say you transferred the ISO file to Nero. I'm not sure what you're saying there.

You also make reference to clicking the Share button. The Share tab is in older versions of Premiere Elements. Can you confirm that you're using version 15 to create your ISO file, and that you're clicking the Export & Share button and selecting the Disc option?

You're jumping around so much and trying so many things recommended by so many sources that I can't even keep up with you.

Can we try to keep things simple -- and just create an ISO file from Premiere Elements 15 for now?

Make sure that the folder you are burning your ISO to is an empty directory folder that has no other files in it. Also, if the program says it has created and ISO but you don't see the finished ISO file, go to the program's Preferences (under the Edit menu) and, on the General page, UNCHECK the option to use Graphics Acceleration and then try again to produce the ISO.

If this doesn't work, please report back that these suggestions aren't working. We'll need to do some additional troubleshooting. But it's very important that you don't overcomplicate things by trying a whole list of other suggestions. Let's please find the solution one step at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it to work. What you didn't tell me is that once the ISO file is burned, you have to open the file, and click on the EXACT file. I had labeled the file under Germany-Paris Trip, and that was what I kept trying to burn to DVD. But the file came up as a bunch of numbers. You also didn't tell me that I could burn the DVD right from that folder. I thought you had to go back into the program. There's a button at the top of the file page that says burn, and that was all I needed to do. Premier Elements 4 didn't use that method. It was right in the program, and I just clicked DVD and burn. Elements 15  takes you to an outside folder where it can be burned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you found a solution, Dawn -- but I still think you're two steps ahead of my troubleshooting.

The important thing though is that you found solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok- now I have another problem. I'm on part two of my project. I finished the slide show with music in Photoshop6, and hit output. It saved it to a WMV file. It said it was saving it to Elements 15, but it opened up in Adobe elements 4, which I closed.

I opened up PE15, and went to start a new project so I could burn another DVD, but the file was nowhere to be found. I cannot get it to transfer over to Elements 15. It worked for the first half of the project, but now part 2 will not transfer. The entirety of my finished adobe files are listed under videos in the library, but PE15 doesn't seem to recognize that file. How do I get the project to transfer over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't port a slideshow file from Photoshop Elements 4 to Premiere Elements 15. They are not part of the same bundle, as Photoshop Elements 4 and Premiere Elements 6 are. (After version 7, Adobe gave the matching programs the same version number.)

What not open the Elements 15 Organizer and create your slideshow there? Version 15 has a more powerful, easier to use slideshow creator, and it will save your finished slideshow as an MP4, which you can then load into Premiere Elements 15.

You can find a tutorial for the new Organizer slideshow on this page. Although it's for version 13, the slideshow creator is exactly the same in version 15.

*** The Organizer Slideshow Creator***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, all the slides have captions and are in time sequence. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, as I know that Photoshop naturally puts them all in sequential order when you download, but while I was in Europe, I used three different media- I phone &  I pad (which adjusted the times) and my camera, which I forgot to change the time differential. So I spent hours writing the new time on the slides from the camera 7 hours forward, put them in order, then erased it all so I could put the captions on. I have already invested at least 10-15 hours on this. Isn't there any other way? Now the slides are all mixed together in the organizer, and I have no way of knowing which are from the camera. I was planning to do new projects in PE15's organizer, but I figured since part one transferred over, I would do the same with part two, since all I did was split the video in half. In addition, the captions won't transfer over, so I would basically be starting from scratch. The project is totally done- except I can't burn a DVD again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, Dawn, I'm just  not sure what you're doing and why it's taking so long and so much effort.

It's actually very easy when you use the proper workflow. (Have you considered picking up one of my books on Amazon?)

So, no, you can't open your version 4 project in version 15. But once you get settled in version 15, with all of its new features, you'll likely never look back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines