• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C4D File in After Effects - Frame limit?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

I have an after effects file where i have a C4D file placed in it. i'm rendering out the C4D file with cel renderer, so its a 3d object, with a 2d look, then in after effects having type that comes in and out in relation to the c4d objects movement.

I have communication turned on between the two apps so that my timeline is linked, and they are both set to 25fps.

However since adding to the movements and extending the amount of frames in the C4D file, these changes aren't reflected in AE. i've reloaded the footage or 'file', re-imported it onto the timeline everything. Normally if its another comp that you make longer, you just drag out the block on the timeline but whatever i do this c4d file stops in AE at 208 frames, even though the animation is 350frames.

I'm stuck! any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal. Once the C4D file has been imported it is just a layer like any other and AE never auto-extends a comp. You have to set these options in the composition settings manually.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm not sure what you mean tho, the comp settings are set to 350frames, as is the c4d, but in AE the c4d file stops at 208f....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, have you actually set the active range in the C4D timeline accordingly? Just changing the scene settings may not be enough.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that Project settings > min / max time?projectsettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there ScottM,

Is that Project settings > min / max time?

Oh my gosh, sorry we dropped the ball there. Assume that was a "yes?" Did you get your project completed? Any tips other people could use? Please let us know how it all turned out for you or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines