• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Edits on Virtual Copy not Syncing to CC

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a virtual copy to edit in b&w on a Mac (sierra) and although the copy is transferred to cc and my devices, the bnw edit has not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this question related to an adobe program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. Yes, Adobe PSLR CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying that the virtual copy is synchronized, but that it is in color rather than black and white? Has the virtual copy been added to the shared collection, or is it just in the folder with the master images? The virtual copy needs to be added to the synchronized collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Jim. Hmm... the others appear to sync without any addition input on my behalf. Regardless, I have made a custom collection that I use to drag and drop particular images that I want to use remotely on other devices - this image in question for example - and the two editions appear; but the bnw edit to the copy do not populate remotely (they are seen however in the desktop collection by the way)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow still isn't clear to me. But after I read your concern I opened one of my collections  that I am syncing and created a virtual copy in that collection. I then converted that virtual copy to black and white and it automatically synchronize with Lightroom Mobile. If, however, you created that virtual copy in the folder rather than in the shared collection, it would have to be added to the collection in order to synchronize with the other images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try to clarify. Import on pc. Edit. Create virtual copy. Additional edits on copy. Select both images and drag to my shared collection. Both are visible on other devices, the second sans the additional edits.

Anyway, I got around the issue by sending a copy of the edited copy to dropbox and was able to access it there.

For what it's worth, I just tried to replicate the anomaly and was unsuccessful. The edited virtual copy was visible as expected remotely. The only difference between the two that might be relevant was that the former set included many more edits than the last.

Thanks for your time, Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is exactly what is happening to me now. It's only happening to one of my photos. Any copies made will never have edits synced. Copies of other photos are fine. I don't want to have to delete that photo and edit again. Has no one found a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines