• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Time Is Ridiculous!!!!

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project similar to Trap Nation, I am using a mix (15:30) of various songs with background equalizer and particular effect from trapcode (red giant) this video is 15:30 long and so far it has taken 4 days to render and STILL isnt done!!!!!
I am using multiframe processing, most of my ram's brain compacity, idk.

I am rendering in h264 1080p60fps

Specs of my PC:
asus 79zk
i5 4690k
16 GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 970
1 TB harddrive
250GB SSD

I don't know what I can do better or what Im doing wrong... PLEASE SEND HELP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. 15 minutes is an awfully long clip for a compositing program and using audio processing, which is mostly single-threaded and heavy particle effects, that due to linear progression also only run with few threads clearly doesn't help. Conversely, rendering to a clip format, which in itself enforces linear rendering frame by frame will not do anything to improve matters. So as far as all that goes, it's perfectly normal. It's inherent in how AE works and how these effects function. If at all you can pre-render an image sequence and then in a second pass encode the clip, but this will not do magic things, either. It may just allow to actually use multiple cores and render some things out of sequence plus possibly avoid too much disk activity by not producing as many temp and cache files, but overall your computer still has a mouthful to chew on and that simply takes time.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a project to render yesterday that was taking 7 minutes per frame on average. For that kind of project it is the render time is about what I expected. I sent another project to render this morning and it rendered at about 15 frames per minute, also about what I expected. Without seeing your project and knowing all of the details it's hard to say if your render times are excessive. Welcome to AE. In fact welcome to just about any compositing or 3D app. Render times are often very long. It just depends on what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

55,860 frames i believe  = 5.5 days

crazy that it would take that long without any form of resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SolidMusic wrote:

crazy that it would take that long...

Like Rick sez -- it all depends on what you're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there SolidMusic,

As the guys said, a 15:30 export with all the effects you mentioned would take a long time to render indeed. Did it end up coming out OK? We'd love to hear back from you and get your observations and to see how you're doing. Do you still need assistance with this. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines