• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to acquire rendered frame" while using Warp Stabilizer while Dynamically Linked

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continually run into this issue of After Effects "Unable to acquire rendered frame" when using the warp stabilizer while dynamically linked through Premiere Pro. Running off of After Effects CC 2017 and Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Most up to date versions of both.) on a late 2015 iMac (Processor: 4Ghz Intel Core i7, Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB). I'm working with 6K and 8K .R3D files that are zooming in and out on a 4K UHD timeline (Not sure if that's important to note.) I am able to use warp stabilizer in AE without a problem if I import the files by hand into a new comp, but this is rather arduous when I'm trying to work with a number of clips that I've already cut to size and scaled in premiere that I had hoped to simply dynamic link and do graphics work with in AE. Has anyone else encountered the issue? Any help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit confused by your use of the word "zoom".   Are you scaling the clips in PP to simulate a zoom, or do the clips contain actual camera lens zooms?  Either way, they'll be tough to use warp stabilizer on them.

I recommend stabilizing the the clips before you do anything else to them, and then exporting them as new clips.  Weird things happen when warp stabilizer is used in conjunction with other things.  Better to start with a clean slate.

And good luck trying to stabilize camera zoom clips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! Sorry about the confusion, when I say "Zoom" I was referring to a digital zoom achieved by scaling. I tried removing the scale I had applied in Premiere and adding it in after applying Warp Stabilizer, but still no luck unfortunately. I also tried clearing out my cache to see if that might help, but it didn't. Fortunately I can still get the work done by going around the Dynamic Link, it should just take a bit longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JakeSully,

I'm working with 6K and 8K .R3D files that are zooming in and out on a 4K UHD timeline (Not sure if that's important to note.)

As I understand it, you're having performance and unexpected behavior issues when performing effects tasks with a computer that has what you feel is adequate for the job. Is that correct?

My observations are the following:

• The following items are taxing your GPU on playback and on encoding
    • Warp Stabilizer while playing back and encoding is a GPU-accelerated effect
    • Scaling while playing back and encoding is a GPU-accelerated task
    • Any other GPU-accelerated effect you add, like Lumetri can hinder performance
    • As Dave mentioned, you could pre-render these effects
  • You are working with huge frame sizes
    • Delivering at 2K as an alternative might be a better workflow, is that possible?
  • The RED format might be too demanding for doing all you expect
    • During Ingest
      • Transcode to a mezzanine codec
      • Scale the sources to smaller frame sizes during ingest to 4K and 6K
  • As good as your iMac is, your hardware might not be up to the task
    • This workflow would even be taxing on my much more powerful PC

You could continue generating singular files in After Effects, or try some of these things and report back if you have better results. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines