Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reading embedded multicolor ICC profiles

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop converts RGB/CMYK/LAB/Gray images to Multicolor profiles. So far so good. When I save such a converted image e.g. using PSD format, the save window prompts if I want to embed the multicolor ICC into the image. I do this. When I close and re-open this image the embedded multicolor ICC is lost. Why is that? Any idea how to resolve that?

I am sure that the profile is actually being embedded into the image as I've tested it with a very small file (e.g. 10x10 pixels). Saving this file by embedding or not embedding the multicolor ICC profile shows a file size difference of exactly the size of the multicolor ICC profile. Furthermore, other (good) ICC conform applications do recognize the embedded multicolor ICC profile.

Would be great to have this sorted out.

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

May I know in which format are you saving your image?

Please refer to this article Embedding ICC profiles in image file formats

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SAHIL OR TOM. I just joined the community this morning. Some glitch has happened and I'm getting email updates for multiple profiles that are NOT mine. my name and a long number are there, but I'm not even linked to the threads. I've turned off notications, but they keep coming because they appear as replies. HELP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Please contact me with the email attached to that long numbered name above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe-

If you are saving in .psd format, the profiles you saved your files with should still be there when the file is opened. How are you determining that the profile is lost?

-Tom Attix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I‘ve noticed that I‘ve never followed up this old topic. My post referred to saving multicolor ICC profiles. No issues with RGB, CMYK or Grayscale profiles when saving and opening them. But using Multicolor ICC conversions, the Multicolor ICC profile is saved (embedded) but not re-loaded from the image in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines