• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Subscription Price Rise in UK Blamed on BREXIT

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in the UK and have any sort of CC subscription, it looks like you will be paying more for it when your current subscription period ends.

https://petapixel.com/2017/02/02/adobe-hikes-creative-cloud-prices-uk-cites-wild-exchange-rates/

If you are anywhere else outside of the USA, you might want to check the exchange rate history. or you might have already had an email!  The NZD has actually climbed significantly against the USD, so I wonder if CC will become cheaper here? I suspect not.

This has surprised me as I really thought Adobe would maintain current pricing for a good while yet.  They had better than expected profits in 2016, but as good as those figures look, they are well behind the likes of Google, Facebook and Apple.  I have a feeling that the backlash from this will be greater than Adobe are anticipating, and the number of lost customers could even cause a reduction in overall profits.

If you have had one of these emails, perhaps you'd share its contents here.  Especially if you are not in the UK.  I am assuming that USA customer's pricing will remain unchanged.

[EDIT]  Just thought I'd add that most of my income comes from the UK, and the dramatic affect BREXIT had on the GBP/USD rate had an equally dramatic 'negative' effect on my company pension.  So if you voted for BREXIT, and will now pay more for Creative Cloud, guess how much sympathy I have?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm blaming everything, from the weather to my coffee going cold, on Brexit

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ClnuCu_WYAM1zzG.jpg

Saved this little gem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor, nice analysis... Similar in some ways to:

Here’s Why Some Creative Cloud Subscription Prices Are Changing

Exchange rate charts are very helpful, as they help explain to customers that Adobe isn't doing this to make more money in these handful of countries, but rather to try to lose less than they have been! (vs. USD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know someone on a pension who now lives in California and they have seen a 20% decrease in their pension since the Brexit vote so I can sympathise with your situation Trevor. The Photographic Plan is likely to increase by £2 a month , but that's nothing compared to much bigger rises in Russia and Chile. If it was my decision though I'd pass these increases on in full in Britain. if people are stupid enough to vote for economic destruction then they need to accept the consequences. It doesn't seem to have occurred to people in England yet that their salaries have gone down by 20% because of the pound devaluation-that's £6000 for someone on the average London salary. The good news is Nigel Farage is doing his bit for Anglo French relations by dumping his German wife and kids and setting up a rather different type of European Union with a French woman in his 4 million pound house in Chelsea-what a delightful man?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Adobe not raise prices? They have killed competition by buying them and we helped to kill the competitors by not using Corel Draw, Quark Xpress and others when there was still time. Now what are you going to do apart from paying whatever price Adobe wants?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that this 3 year old thread has been resurrected on the first day the UK is out of the EU.

The point that was being made was that price rises outside the US are influenced by other factors outside the control of Adobe, such as exchange rates. I've rarely seen that argument apply to a price reduction though 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

e-milosz wrote:

"we helped to kill the competitors by not using Corel Draw (sic), Quark Xpress (sic) and others"

I'm glad this 3-year-old thread was resurrected, as I missed it the first time. Your coffee must have ice cubes in it this morning, Dave! 

Both CorelDRAW and QuarkXPress are still being sold and people still use them and are loyal to them. They are both stand alone packages and not subscription. I used both extensively in the past and switched to Illustrator and InDesign for the simple reason that Adobe makes better products.

Fun Fact: Both names get misspelled more often than they get spelled correctly.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines