Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge MP4 sized file causes for extreme rendering times... [HELP]

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I have a template i use to render videos quite often and I'm trying to add one more effect regarding a few particles like effects that I looped into a comp.  I decided to render the composition out itself so I could just bring in that looped video (1/2 a GB) to the template as a MP4 instead of it being broken out in layers.  I thought this would help with the render time but it has not.  It turned a one hour render time for a 4 minute video into a 24 hours render for that same 4 minute video through just adding one effect.  Anyone have any suggestions for severely compressing or reducing video size without harming quality too much? 

Thank you,

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are trying to pre-render some footage (to re-use as a rendered file to optimize your project) you should render it as lossless - the render time will be much faster and also the processing of the rendered footage in your Ae project.

render the file as QT Animation if it's 8 bit. it will be probably the fastest render you can have, but you are still bound to the mostly single cpu thread capabilities and limitations of the software. 4 minutes can take a while. a few hours sounds very reasonable and it really depends what specific setup you have there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ryan,

Did you ever get a solution for lowering your looping animation render times? Please let us know if you did and what you did to make that happen. Also do let us know if you need additional help or input.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines