• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange Adobe premiere elements 15 acquisition

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Elements 15 and until a few days ago it worked fine. Since yesterday I have problems with video capture through video grabber of Pinnacle (710 USB) or that Polaris, which previously have always allowed acquisitions of perfect clip. Now it happens that the acquisition of the video on the timeline takes place regularly, but the audio track inexplicably is captured only partially (example: track 1, 32 minutes-audio only 57 seconds). Strange. Could you tell me what happened? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video captured by those inexpensive digitizers, like the Pinnacle device, are designed to be edited almost exclusively by the software that comes included with the device. The video may or may not work with Premiere Elements.

I can't find any online specs for the Pinnacle 710, but the device may well be creating digital video files that use non-standard audio or video formats or compressors or variable frame rates or bit rates.

If you'd like to download the free software Media Info, open one of those video files in Media Info, open Tree View under the Tree menu and either write the specs here or post a screen shot of the Media Info report, we may be able to see what the issue is and recommend some sort of conversion.

Or, depending on what the original source of your video is (tape, analog, disc, etc.) we may be able to recommend a better, more universal capture device.

But the simplest solution is to use the Pinnacle software that came with the 710 to edit any video captured by that Pinnacle capture device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is clear to me what you say. I attach two screen saved: the first is the mediainfo report and the second is the timeline of the clip. I also say that I have been used the 710 USB for many years (adobe prem elem 12/13/14 and now 15) and never the program gave me problems: I wouldn't want an update to win 10 has made unstable program.

I generally record from camera or vcr sony for video 8 tape.

Thanksadobe_01.jpgThanksadobe_02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you're having problems. There is nothing particularly challenging about your video clip. It appears to be a pretty standard DV-AVI, which is a very easy format for Premiere Elements to edit.

You can try deleting the audio waveform that the program generated and let the program re-generate it. Maybe it will get it right this time.

To delete these files, ensure that Windows Explorer is set to Show All Files and then browse to C:/USERS/[COMPUTER NAME]/APPDATA/ROAMING/ADOBE/COMMON/MEDIA CACHE FILES and locate the .cfa and .pek files for this video clip. Delete the .cfa and .pek files and restart the program. When you again open this project, the program will re-conform the clip and regenerate these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing to do. The result does not change: the audio track remains partial. I tried to reinstall the program, but nothing has changed. With other videograbber (conexant-polaris) the same. But with Roxio nxt 4  or Cyberlink there are no problems in acquisition audio/video using said videograbbers. Mystery!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines