• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects / Media Encoder uses too LITTLE ram?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So lately Ive been editing a Vacation Video via After Effects. I use about 7 different clips which are about 10 seconds each. I also use 6 transitions in the clip, all made with adjustment layers. I have been trying to render it but it just takes too long. I have 16GB of Ram and an Intel Xeon 1245v3 which isnt that bad for rendering. I took a look at the task manager and it seems like media encoder is only using 50% of my ram and cpu power. Is there any way to up that amount. In the After Effects Settings I already set the ram usage to max.low ram.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably define what you mean by "too long".  If you're new to these applications, it might turn out that the render time you're experiencing is par for the course.

"Yeah, but I've got a really nice computer!"

Irrelevant.  It all depends on your AE version, the footage you're using, and what you're doing in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already some experience (2 years) with the Creative Cloud including After Effects. However when I used to render Videos on my old lapop which had worse specs It wouldnt take that long. Also rendering in Premiere Pro with Effects is way shorter!

Im using the latest AE and Media Encoder and the footage is stated above!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Freddy,

Sorry for the frustration and unexpected behavior.

when I used to render Videos on my old lapop which had worse specs It wouldnt take that long. Also rendering in Premiere Pro with Effects is way shorter

That is a likely observation. Sorry about that! As far as After Effects goes, it has undergone some changes regarding performance over the past couple of years. Some things used to be faster in the past than they are now. That said, the team is working on future versions which can provide better potential for performance improvements. We just have to be patient as that works goes forward.

What Dave said is actually correct. Different processes and codecs use the CPU and RAM with varying performance depending on the task at hand, like "which codec is used for decoding and encoding?."

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines