• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advance video frames when dragging audio clip

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have the video move when you drag an audio clip around? This is important for timing sounds against picture. I am using Adobe Audition CC, 2017 release.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Yes you can move the Playback cursor frame by frame. It depends on how much you are zoomed in to the audio/video timeline. You can step backwards and forwards using the Cursor Arrow keys. Holding the key down allows continuous playback to find the spot you want. But the cursor doesn't move when you move the clip. You have to move the cursor to where you want first (you can drop a Marker if need to remember the spot) and then, with snap to frame, marker or cursor turned on the clip should snap in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't move or doing anything with the video in Audition. Since it is the master track to which all the audio is synchronised you certainly don't want to move it anyway. Why would you want the video to move when you move an audio clip about? Normally you are moving the audio against the video track to synchronise it.  Anything of that sort is done in your video editing software surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I think the question was misunderstood. I was referring to the frames in the video window advancing as you move the audio. This is the default behaviour in pro tools and is possible with nuendo (if that still exists).

Lets say I have a clip of a footstep sound. As I move it around I watch the actors foot hit the ground so I can time it to the right place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you can move the Playback cursor frame by frame. It depends on how much you are zoomed in to the audio/video timeline. You can step backwards and forwards using the Cursor Arrow keys. Holding the key down allows continuous playback to find the spot you want. But the cursor doesn't move when you move the clip. You have to move the cursor to where you want first (you can drop a Marker if need to remember the spot) and then, with snap to frame, marker or cursor turned on the clip should snap into position when almost in place.

As an alternative if you know the timecode where the audio needs to be placed you can enter it in the Clip Properties pane and the clip will be moved to the correct place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines