• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements 15

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I do to Change the soundtrack from silent to non-silent? I´ve tryed to adjust the settings "show/hide track", but it doesn´t help.The setting at the soundtrack is "Silent track export without sound" anyway.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

If you activated Solo on any track, the others will be muted.

So check that this is not active.

In Media Bin it is possible to mute audio on clips.

What I would do is:

a) use a player(other than PRE) for video and see if you get sound

b) record a narrative and see if you get sound on that

I'm on PC and Windows and what I experienced is that if Windows sounds are set to the same audio driver as a daw I use, that daw get problem to get exclusive access to that driver. But it usually say so when started.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you finding a setting for "silent track export without sound"?

Which Export & Share setting are you using to output your movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s when I put the mouse over the ikon for the loudspeaker that the text appears, I dont´t know if the text i exactly like this, since its a translation from Swedish. The ikon is at the very left in the track for sound. I Think the settings is in the box mixing sound which is found under Tools. In the top there is someting like "alternative for mixing and /show/hide track" and then you get a box from which you can choose to hide or show one or more tracks for sound. But, for me it dosen´t matter if I choose on or off, there is no sound anyway.

I use AVDHC files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are describing is the option to Mute an audio track. Muting is often done while editing so that you can focus on one audio track at a time.

To unmute the track, just click on the speaker icon again, as in the illustration below.

Also per the illustration, I could find no option for Alternative for Mixing and/Show/Hide Track under the Tools menu. Are you sure you're using Premiere Elements?

Muted Audio.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

Yes, it´s Premiere Elements 15. I´ve worked with an earlier version of PE and used the mute-funktion without problems. It´s very strange now, when the ikon has a line or stroke as you show in "Muted audio" I can get a help box that says  "Track with sound". But when the ikon is without the line  the help box says "Silent (or Muted) audio (or track)". It should be the other way around!

But in both cases; no sound.

By clicking on Tools/Audio mixer I´ve got this box.

Then by clicking on "Alternativ för mixning" I've got this

"Visa/dölj spår" means show/hide track". But even if I choose "visa alla (show all) or "Dölj alla (hide all) or pick one singel option the result is the same; No sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is confusing that some software show state of a feature .- and for some it shows what you will activate if you press the button.

What is unclear - do you get any sound at all - in any project?

Did you do any settings for audio?

I use my computer for audio mostly and have ASIO soundcards, so I had to change settings for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some of the clips I tried on I had sound during my first tests. But now there´s no sound from any clip. I did no settings for audio, but I must have done something I shouldn´t. Maybe I should do another reinstallation. What kind of settings are proper to use if I work with AVCHD-files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you activated Solo on any track, the others will be muted.

So check that this is not active.

In Media Bin it is possible to mute audio on clips.

What I would do is:

a) use a player(other than PRE) for video and see if you get sound

b) record a narrative and see if you get sound on that

I'm on PC and Windows and what I experienced is that if Windows sounds are set to the same audio driver as a daw I use, that daw get problem to get exclusive access to that driver. But it usually say so when started.

Just a couple of ideas....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

I´ll try that. Just some questions. How do I activate Solo, and here do I find Media Bin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I found out the funktion of Solo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I played the files on another player and could heard the sound. Then I compered the settings with the settings for PE and could do the necessary adjustments. Thank you for helping! But I have another problem. At some of the files I work with I can´t see the image of the soundtrack, nor hear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialogs you showed above from mixer - did you have a look again if you might have hidden some tracks?

Normally if there is audio, that is placed on audio track below videotrack.

If you get visible content for audio on one clip and not another - is it possible there is no audio on one?

I am on PC and normally you can select a video clip in Explorer and look at properties, if there is audio at all.

But if you played same clips and getting audio on other player it seems odd if PRE does not extract it and show it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image shows two of my clips, one with sound (to the left), and one without.

I can hear the sound from both clips in VLC media player but in PE 15 only from the clip to the left. I wounder why the image of the sound is missing in the clip to the  right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rightclick on clip and take show properties - it will show audio attributes, if any.

In Project Assets you can do the same if you prefer.

If it's an unknown format or something.

Is second clip taken with same camera?

Same container like MP4 or MOV?

Also 48khz?

Dolby AAC or PCM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the information about settings I got when rightclicking on the clips. The information about the left clip is in the top and the information about the right just under. I hope it´s understandable even though it´s in Swedish. The left clip is shot with an Panasonic HC-X1000E (which I bought in 1 mounth ago). The right with an Panasonic HDC-TM 700 (which I bought in 2010).

What separates the information about sound is on line 6 and 7,  with "6 channels" respective "stereo".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it is probably Dolby 5.1 or similar.

Manual states this:

"5.1 surround sound files Importing clips containing 5.1 audio adds a 5.1-channel audio track to your project."

Maybe there is a problem to mix surround on the same track with 2-channel stereo audio.

I would try and import the clip to another video track alone and see if that solves it for you. Just drop it on another video track above, and it can have it's own audio format.

Otherwise there are ways to extract audio separately, but hope you don't need to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I´ll try that. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I'm not able to find the options you are describing and I will not be able to help you. Maybe someone else on this forum has some advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines