• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalog

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm racking my brain here, Trying to set up a new catalog on both the internal and external drive's as my C drive is getting to full. I go to new catalog select the drive I want to put it on and click create and nothing happens, The window just stays open. I don't have any problems setting up the catalog using my MacBook air to an external drive.

I'm running windows 10 and have uninstalled lightroom and reinstalled it a couple of time's but nothing is working.

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Thank's for the help I wasn't naming the catalog Total brain freeze Feel like an idiot......

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working OK here. Are you following these steps from the LR Library:

File >> New Catalog

Choose Drive

Choose new name e.g MyCatalog2

Click “Create” button

Existing catalog will start to close. You may get prompted for regular backup or click Skip

New empty catalog will open, and you are ready to start importing to the new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank's for the help I wasn't naming the catalog Total brain freeze Feel like an idiot......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual catalog file doesn't take up much space. So moving the catalog file, or creating a new one, on some other drive won't save you much space.

There are NO Images inside the catalog file. The catalog is just a Database file where references are placed to where the image files are actually stored. Sounds like you need to move some actual images files off your C drive to some other hard drive connected to your system.

Also when importing new images change the Destination location to some other drive than the C drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nintyp wrote:

I'm racking my brain here, Trying to set up a new catalog on both the internal and external drive's as my C drive is getting to fulll

No need for a new catalog in this situation. You need to move the photos to the external drive, using the same catalog. in fact, creating a new catalog is completely unnecessary and the wrong thing to do.

The instructions to do this are in the section entitled "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" of this document: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines