Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Navigation ToC in epub

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Indesign is giving me hard times with creating ToC, and I tried a lot of different things - nothing helps. I`m a begginer in Indesign, so I hope I`ll find solution here.

I`ve set ToC for document and it works, I can click any position and it sends me to right page, but I can`t set navigation one ( trhat shows up on left in for ex. Adobe Digital Editions). I`ve tried to set style same as one I used inside document, it only shows one position, and it`s a random one page from middle of book. I tried other settings, adding different style, but as a result I only managed to show up... page numbers in nav. menu ( still can`t figure out how).

When I started to work on the book, I had already saved some new styles and settings, and I worked on them, I wonder if they might be the problem ( this would mean I have to "restyle" whole document but I want to find different solution first)

Thank you!

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Reflowable text ePub or a FXL layout ePub?

Which version of InDesign do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FXL layout

InDeisgn CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I`ve found out what happened. I had all texts rasterized during export, and I think when Indesign exports files, it first turn it into graphic then tries to "read" those texts.

But thank you for help it lead me to an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines