• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems typing manually in Character/Paragraph window

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble when I type in certain areas of the Character and Paragraph windows. For example, if I want to adjust the "space after" and I manually type .125, for example, it will jump to my text in the text window. If I use the arrows to adjust it is not a problem. But sometimes I need more precise numbers and have to type it in. Strange thing is if I use the window in the top toolbar, that works fine. It is the floating window for Character and Paragraph that is causing issues. Can anyone help me fix this issue? Anyone else having this problem? I am on a Mac, using the latest OS. I also regularly update my Adobe Creative Suite apps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Known bug on Mac.

1. Turn on "Application Frame" under menu "Window".

and / or

2. Navigate to Preferences -> Advanced Type -> Show Adornment on Text Selection/Text Frame for more Type controls  >>  uncheck these.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known bug on Mac.

1. Turn on "Application Frame" under menu "Window".

and / or

2. Navigate to Preferences -> Advanced Type -> Show Adornment on Text Selection/Text Frame for more Type controls  >>  uncheck these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the prompt response! So far, this seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines