Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chaning from one catalog to another

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 15 (I have had both 11 and 13) and I am trying to get to grips with the organizer after not so good attempts in previous versions.

In my organizer I have three catalogues but I am finding that I sometimes require a clip from one of the other Catalogues but I am requested to close the video editor before I can enter the catalogue manager to get into one of my other catalogues.

I am aware that I can close and save my work in the video editor, change the catalogue and the reopen the video editor. If it’s just one clip, I then have to go through the process again to revert back.

Is there an easier way please?

Arthur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Thanks for supporting the book, Brooke! It may be long, but the information is simple and easy to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear what you're trying to achieve, Arthur.

Why are some of your media files in one catalog and some in another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick answer and my apologise, my heading should read changing and not chaning.

I have three catalogues at present, "my sons wedding",   "Hollingworth  lake and country park"   (a documentary)   and  "my catalogue" (containing clips and pictures that are not directly relative to the other two catalogues.)

I am finding that some clips I want to use are in "my catalogue" when I am editing the Hollingworth lake  project.  Clips such as background clips of say water or other clips that I may require for my openings or endings.

The switching about, saving and closing the editor before it will let me get into another catalogue is not something I can't manage, it's just annoying and counter productive.

I was hoping either I am doing something wrong, or, there may be an easier way..

thanks  Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not have all of your media in one catalog but categorize your media files into Albums or Events. That's, after all, what the Organizer is designed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve I will give it a try.

PS    I have just purchased your book Muvipix .com guide to Photoshop elements & Premiere elements15,    500 pages to learn, very daunting LOL.

Cheers Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for supporting the book, Brooke! It may be long, but the information is simple and easy to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines