• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD prompts to uninstall and reinstall the product | Windows 10 - After recovery

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The thing is I am trying to use Adobe XD and I get the same screen that is included in this issue, but I've got only one user (Administrator):

Adobe Experience Design (Beta) Help | Adobe XD prompts to uninstall and reinstall the product | Wind...

I am unistalling and reinstalling but it's still not working.

I had to recover Windows 10 yesterday, and maybe it's the cause of the problem... Can you help me?

Thank you very much,

Patricia

CDO - Domesting.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Hi patricias95636090,

Yes, it will work if you create a separate account (without a space in its name) and install XD there.

In the meantime we're working on a fix for this, we will keep you posted once we make it available.

Thank you,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too. Apparently it's a bug with the new update if you have a space in your Windows username, is that the case for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any space in my Windows username, so what is the problem? Do you know how to fix it, MrJoelKelly​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vil,

Can you have a look at this doc Adobe Experience Design (Beta) Help | Adobe XD prompts to uninstall and reinstall the product | Wind...  and let us know if this is the issue that you are facing?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problems. I have last Windows version and everything else is updated. But still i get "uninstall and reinstall" the app. Last version worked fine, but this... not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey pavlovicfilip​-

We've seen two issues result in the prompt to reinstall. The first is this one: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/kb/adobe-xd-prompts-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-the-product....

The second has to do with having a space in the user folder: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/17903557 If this one affects you, you should upvote in UserVoice to get an Email when we deploy a fix - we're working on one now.

Please let us know which one affects you!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys - if you have a space in your user directory, you should upvote this in UserVoice in order to get updates. We're currently working on a fix!

[Windows] XD does not launch for users with spaces in their home directory (G14490) – Adobe XD Feedb...

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Elaine!

That's my case. My username folder is "Patricia Saco".

I'll try to create another user. May that work?

Hope you find a solution soon!

Patricia Saco

CDO at Domesting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi patricias95636090,

Yes, it will work if you create a separate account (without a space in its name) and install XD there.

In the meantime we're working on a fix for this, we will keep you posted once we make it available.

Thank you,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a help from Adobe last night. Basically, our Windows account is required to have first and last name, that's why we all have a space in between our names. So all you guys need to do at this moment are:

create a local account on your computer.

sign in to the account.

download Adobe XD

Transfer your work to Disk C or D to have a full access from the new account

Then enjoy Adobe XD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly not a viable fix in an agency environment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines