Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to integrate bicubic sharper and smoother

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello world,

something very unusual happened today when I tried to fix my image size...

I only got 3 options under "Resample Image" i.e "Nearest Neighbor, Bicubic, Bilinear "

I mean when I was using the same Photoshop 7.0, It was having few more things which helped me resizing my image more efficiently, they were "Bicubic Sharper & Bicubic Smoother "

so here's my question...

why isn't it pre-installed...??

and what I have to do to add these preferences.

Would be glad if anyone can HELP me...!!

thanxx a LOT...!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

If you mean Photoshop 7 from around 2001, I'm not sure if it had Bicubic smoother and sharper.

I think they may have been introduced much later - maybe in CS4 or CS5.

My guess is that you have seen these options in a later version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean Photoshop 7 from around 2001, I'm not sure if it had Bicubic smoother and sharper.

I think they may have been introduced much later - maybe in CS4 or CS5.

My guess is that you have seen these options in a later version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanxx for immediate reply...

Per Berntsen -> so if I am correct I have to download the latest version for having these new options among the few... Right...??

If you can advice me the best version for beginners which is free at the same time...!!

It would be HELPFUL for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gori_1996 wrote:

If you can advice me the best version for beginners which is free at the same time...!!

No Photoshop version is, or ever was, free. This is professional-grade, expensive software.

The only "free" versions are the cracked and illegal ones.

If you want to stay legitimate, you might want to look at other, less expensive alternatives. Photoshop Elements is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanxx for the answer...

Will it give me the features, I have in Photoshop...??

If Yes, from where I can download it...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what features you use in photoshop 7.

Since photoshop elements is much cheaper than photoshop, it doesn't have everything photoshop has.

You can get the full photoshop cc for around $10 a month subscription or buy photoshop elements 15 for around $100.

I'd suggest if your interested in photoshop elements, you download a thirty day trial version before buying.

Download Photoshop Elements free trial | Adobe Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading your initial post again, are you sure you don't have more than one photoshop version on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...!!

I have only one...!!

The one which I was talking about was in my desktop a year ago(which had the bicubic sharper and smoother options)...!!

And the new one is in my laptop..!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I think it would be helpful if we knew the exact version of Photoshop that's causing you the issue where you don't see the bicubic sharper/smoother options and which OS you're using. Also, maybe a screenshot of the settings you're trying to use would help us.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure...

My OS is Windows 10...

I am using Windows 10...Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (5).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That shows Photoshop 7.0 which, as was stated in an earlier post,  did not have bicubic smoother or bicubic sharper - they were introduced with Photoshop CS.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the options greyed out or missing?

What version of Photoshop are you using? It was unclear whether you are using PS 7.0 or used to use PS7

If using a CC version and they are greyed out check your Image mode and bit depth e.g. Indexed colour removes some options as does 32 bit mode

If missing all together you may need to reset preferences. Go to Preferences-General and click on Reset Preferences on Quit - then close and restart Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm -> I tried your idea but it didn't worked... anything else you can HELP with...??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 7 only had the three resize options Nearest Neighbor, Bicubic, Bilinear in Image Size and General Preferences>Interpolation.

Photoshop CS is when the Bicubic Sharper and Bicubic Smoother were added to the Image Size dialog and General Preferences>Interpolation.

If on the other hand, your using photoshop elements 7, then Bicubic Sharper and Smoother are in the Image>Resize>Image Size dialog, but not in the General Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R_Kelly -> so if I am correct I have to download the latest version for having these new options among the few... Right...??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines